21. Facing yourself

Percy was late for Harry's class. He rushed to the Room of Requirement. When he walked in and saw that the lesson had already ended. Harry looked at Percy and gave a little nod.

Percy must have looked like he fought 5 cyclops.
Because he had.

Right when he was heading for Harry's class he got called over by professor Sprout. He was told that there was activity in the woods.
So Percy ran into the woods and fought for longer then he wanted. But at least they were dealt with.

But it did make Percy miss his class.

"So I am glad everyone was able to overcome their fear. Good job everyone. Next week we will work on patronus charms. Keep up the good work." Harry said.

"I really don't want to see Snape in my granny's clothes ever again.." Nevile said whining. Some people laughed as they left the room.

"Sorry, I had to take care of 5 annoyances in the woods." Percy said as he made his way to Harry.

Harry looked at Percy.
"Percy I don't know if.." Harry tried. He looked over to his friends. "Look, Percy. The closet shows you something you fear the most. Then you have to face it and turn it into something else. It's okay if you don't want to.. I mean if you have fought monsters and stuff.. we understand that you have faced a lot of things that could be too much if you faced them again." Harry said.

"No that's okay. It's fine I can handle it, don't worry. Like you said. I have been in places no demigod have been. I can handle something like this."

"You sure?" Harry asked again. Percy nodded "Okay. You are going to stand right here and I open the closet. You think about something you fear the very most and turn it into something funny." Harry explained. "Just say, ridiculous. If it gets to much for you Hermione will take over."

Percy nodded and got his wand.
Harry opened the closet. Percy got ready for the worst. But nothing came. He looked over to Harry.

Harry shrugged confused.
"Is it broken?" Percy wondered.

"Percy close your eyes. Concentrate." Harry said.

Percy closed his eyes as he said.
Then he felt something. An urge to open his eyes and run. Something that wanted him to hide.

When he opened his eyes he was looking at himself. They just looked at each other.

"Percy?" Hermione asked softly. "Are you scared of.. yourself?"

Both of them said nothing. Percy looked into his own eyes. He saw something change. His eyes turned dark.
Something he imagined happening when he would lose control.

Within a second Percy had Riptide out and it collided with.. riptide. But the sword of the other Percy was covered with blood and cracks.

"Percy!" Hermione called.

"He is scared of himself because he knows he is a monster." The fake said pushing down on Percy's sword. "He is scared of what he can do." He said with a voice filled with rage and anger.

"Shut up!" Percy said. He tried to stand his ground. But he felt weak and scared to look into the same eyes that looked back at him in the mirror. To see what many of the monsters he killed saw last.

"He knows he has to hold in most of the time. Because when he lets himself go... people get hurt or killed."

"Stop it!" Percy yelled. But the fake didn't stop. He pushed further.

"You lead those wars. You lead those quests. Their deaths are on your name!" He spat. "You killed them! They trusted you and you let them die"

"I know!" Percy yelled. Tears formed in his eyes. "I know!" He said again. "Every time I close my eyes I see their faces. Hear their voices.."  Percy said.

"But that won't bring us back." A voice said. Percy's head snapped up. What he saw made him lose focus and she disarmed Percy and pointed her sword at his throat.

Bianca was now holding the blade. 
She looked the exact same as when she sacrificed herself during the quest. Her eyes looked at Percy with pain and disappointment.

"I'm sorry.." Percy whispered. "Bianca, I'm so sorry.."

"We trusted you." Another voice said.
Beckendorf was now pointing the blade at Percy's heart. Percy's eyes filled with tears.

"I know... I am so sorry.." He whispered

"That won't make everything alright." A soft voice whispered. Percy looked right into the eyes of Micheal Yew.

"Micheal... I didn't mean to..." Percy said. All the memories of the wars came flashing back.

Then before he knew he looked into the eyes of Zoë.
"You might be al powerful. But you're still weak. And you know it." She spat.

"You gave me a knife to kill myself. You watched as I died." A voice said that haunted Percy in his dreams.

"Enough!" Percy said getting mad. "You are right! You are! It haunts me, every time I close my eyes it haunts me!" Percy grabbed the sword and pushed it back. Making his palm bleed. "But it was war! And I am glad it was me who made those decisions, because otherwise it someone else had to lead an entire war. And I don't want that for nobody." Percy said standing up.

The fake Luke was looking at Percy. Like it didn't know what to do. Then Bianca, Zoë, Micheal. Selina and Beckendorf stepped from behind Luke.
They looked at Percy. They said nothing nor moved a muscle.

"I am so sorry for what happened. I wish you were real and I could tell you how sorry I am. But you aren't. And one day we will see each other again." Percy said.

They gave a little nod and turned around. Together as one they walked back into the closet. Luke looked back once more before closing the door. He looked like he wanted to say something but closed it anyway.

Percy let out a shaky breath. He closed his eyes trying to control his breathing. He realized he was shaking a little and balled his fists to conceal it. Drops of blood falling down from the cut in his hand.

There was complete silence in the room.
Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at Percy.
Hermione was the first to move. She walked up to him and looked Percy straight into his eyes.

"Percy, we didn't want to ask you. We wanted to give you time to tell yourself.. But we need to know... what happened ?" Hermione asked placing her hand on his shoulder.

Percy took a deep breath and he knew she was right.