20. The truth

Percy started walking with the help of Ron and Harry.
"Do you even know where the lake is?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah of course I do." Percy said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Ron and harry looked at each other but didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry you all had to see that.." Percy said feeling like he failed.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked breathing hard. Percy was mostly being carried by the two boys.

"Because it was supposed to be a secret. I don't want you to get hurt..." Percy said.

"He is losing way to much blood." Hermione said looking at the pale boy.

"Percy, where do we need to go?" Dumbledore asked.

"Ask the horse.." Percy mumbled.

Everyone looked at each other.
Then suddenly there were a couple thestrals walking up to the group.

"What is he.." Harry asked but looked over and saw them. "Ohh."

"Lord, you are badly injured, you need to heal. Now. Let us take you to the lake." One said.

"Don't worry I'm fine, I'm just really tired.." Percy said.

"Who is he talking to?" Ron asked.

"To the thestrals." The headmaster stated.
They lowered themself to the ground for some reason.
"Percy, what are they saying ?" Dumbledore asked.

"They think I need to go to the lake faster. They offer to bring me." Percy mumbled.

Ron and Harry looked at each other.
They quickly brought Percy to one of the lowered thestrals. They put Percy on their back.

They bowed to us and took off.

"That's much better." Ron said stretching his back.

Hermione looked at him annoyed.
"You realize that he saved our lives. He almost died. And you conplain about carrying him for ten minutes?" She asked him.

"We need to go to the lake." Harry said. "We need to make sure Percy is okay."

Everyone nodded.
"Professor?" Hermione asked Dumbledore. "What was that creature that Percy killed and what is happening?"

"That was a Chimera, you might know them from the greek mythology. Percy Jackson is not just a boy we found who turned out to have a witch for a mother. Percy has been fighting monsters like the Chimera since he was twelve. He is someone you want to have as an ally. He is incredibly powerful and Voldemort is after him. That's why he is staying at hogwarts this year. He needs to know how to defend himself." The headmaster explained.
The three friends looked at each other.

They arived at the lake.
Percy was floating on his back. He looked up in the sky. He looked at peace but still troubled by thoughts.

He saw everyone comming his way so he stood and walked out of the water. Some of them gave him confused looks. Dumbledore just smiled.

"How are you dry! You just walked out of the water?" Hermione asked. "And all your wounds and bruises are gone.. How!?"

"It's one of the perks that come with being the son of a sea god." He said smiling. 

"Hold up. Sea god?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, Poseidon, the greek god of sea is my dad. Remember the tattoo and the story about him not being around? It's all because he had other priorities."

"No way!"

"Yeah.. I promise I will explain it all. But, I think it would be better if you keep it a secret.. It would be bad if everyone knew that there are monsters attacking the school from time to time. And with magic not working on them.." Percy said.

"We won't tell. But.. why did they attack?" Harry asked.

"Voldemort is working with monsters. And a lot of monsters hate me and want nothing else than see my head on a stick." Percy said simply.

"We should head back to the castle." Professor Snape said. "You never know who is listening." He whispered.

"You are right. Let's go." Percy said walking towards the castle. The sun is slowely going down.

"Thank you for finding me." Percy told the teachers "But we need better boarders. I'll try and ask Hecate if she has anything that can help."

"Okay we'll look as well let me know if we can do anything." Professor Dumbledore said.

"Who is Hecate?" Ron whispered to Hermione.

"The goddess of Magic. She created your world." Percy answered when Hermione shrugged. "Let's go to the big hall. I'm starving."

They ate some early dinner and Percy told them he would explain some other time when they were alone.
The teachers went back to what they were doing.

In the next week there was nothing out of the ordinary. It was actually very calm and relaxed.
Hecate hadn't responded to Percy yet. But he trusted she would eventually.

It was too important not to right?

The safety of the wizards and the school is in more danger then before.

She had to.