4. Intruders

"YOU WANT TO LEAVE ?"

"Annabeth.. I don't want to leave, you know I don't want to. I have to." Percy tried again.

He went to tell his friends what had happened.
They were not even surprised about wizards. And they told Percy that he had been through a lot of weird things so this didn't surprise them much.

But when he told them he needed to leave..
They didn't take that one lightly. Especially Annabeth.

"We can protect ourselves Percy! You don't have to go because of us." Hazel said stubbornly.

"Hazel is right! These wizards can't defeat two camps of demigods." Piper crossed her arms.

"You can't leave.." Annabeth said with tears in her eyes. "Percy I.. I don't think I can handle it." She whispered.

Percy pulled her into a hug.
The others stopped talking and just looked at us with sadness in their eyes. They knew Annabeth and I didn't like being apart from each other. Especially after Tatarus.

"I know wise girl. I don't know how I am going to handle it all alone.. but I don't want to endanger everyone. I have to go." Percy whispered to her.

"It's so unfair.." Annabeth cried softly in Percy's shoulder. Percy pulled her closer and gave her a kiss on her head.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

After a minute she let go.
"I guess we should pack." She mumbled turning around without looking anyone is the eyes. She left for his cabin. Percy looked at the others.

"I get it Perce. We are just going to miss you bro." Jason said putting his hand on Percy's shoulder.

Percy smiled and opened his arms for a hug.
Jason laughed and hugs him. The others came in as well, forming a big groups hug.

"Go. Annabeth will need you with her before you leave." Piper said to him.

"We'll see you at dawn." Leo said. "Even if that is way too early.." Frank smacked him on his head.

"Thanks guys. See you all tomorrow." Percy said and leaves to go and pack up with Annabeth.

When he entered his cabin he saw his Wise Girl standing in the middle of the cabin. She was standing with her back to Percy and didn't move when he entered.

"Wise Girl..." Percy said. "It will be alright..." Percy opened his arms. But Annabeth didn't move.
"Annabeth?" Percy asked. "Are you okay?"

She was still not moving. Percy felt something was wrong. Annabeth was standing a little too still.
He reached for Riptide and walked up to his girlfriend.

But he was too late.
Her entire body was frozen. Her expression surprised and confused. Her grey eyes wide and and hand on her dagger.

Percy stood there. He whispered her name.
He looked at her face with fear and anger. Whoever did this to her, his girl. Would pay.
Then he heard a sound. He turned around.

A man appeared out of nowhere.
He aimed a stick at him, which Percy learned was a wand. And a bright flash appeared out of nowhere.
And Percy was blasted against the door.

There was another man who ran at Percy and pinned him down. He reached for Riptide but it was out of his reach.

When Percy looked at the face of the man it looked like he didn't shower in a long time. His eyes were wild and filled with greed.

The man punched percy on his cheek. Percy's head snapped to the left and his sight turned blurry for a second.

Percy snapped out of it and hit the man in his throat and pushed the man of him.
He got up and another flash hit him. He flew through the door this time. He landed on the grass outside, defenseless and sore.

The two men walked out his cabin and aimed the wand again. Percy quickly stood up and opened his shield. He deflected a new flash and he heard the other campers behind him run and yell for weapons and that there were intruders.

"Find cover!" Was the only thing Percy could tell them. They were confused and didn't know what was going on but listened to him.

"Percy! What is happening?" Nico yelled.

"Warn Chiron!" Percy yelled back.
He took riptide out of his pocket, and charged the two men. He tried not to stab, just stun.

He hit one man with the butt of his sword.
The man was on his knees and Percy raised his knee. Then man went down.

"Where is Annabeth?" Hazel asked worried. She and the others were already there ready to do something.

"Inside, something's wrong!" Percy said feeling panicked inside.
Hazel, Frank and Piper rushed inside.

But while Percy was distracted the other man took his opportunity. He yelled a weird word and a red flash erupted from the wand.

Percy was in the same pain as he was back at his mom's apartment. It felt weaker then when the woman did it. But it was enough for Percy to scream out in horrible pain. He was on his knees. Out of breath, tired, sore and still in pain.

Jason and Leo were already rushing to Percy but Percy held up his hand. This was his fight.

Percy looked up and walked to the man.
The man was smiling. He aimed his wand again. He said the weird word again. "Crusio!" But percy deflected it with Riptide. He tried again but Percy deflected it again. That smile faded as Percy kept walking. The man cowered back against the wall of his cabin.

"What did you do to her ?!" Percy said to him in a very low and threatening tone. Riptide was at his throat.

The man looked at him with wide eyes filled with fear. "She is alive.. just a spell." He stammered.

Percy pressed riptide harder against his throat.
"Undo it! NOW!" He yelled in the mans face.

"Perseus..." A voice said behind him.