28. Welcome home

The rest of the day everyone rested and made sure they saw a healer.

During the evening there was a ceremony for the kids who hadn't made it. The campers left for the camps. Some had offered to help with cleaning up.
So a lot of the Romans and some of the Hephaestus cabin stayed.

The next day was cleaning and repairing the castle.
They were done pretty quickly. Magic and the campers working together helped a lot.

Percy and his friends stayed through it all.
Percy introduced them to many people and showed them everything.

Percy started to feel beter in the following days.
But they had to leave soon..
Dumbledore announced that he declared the school year finished in the next week.

Harry, Hermione and Ron came to say their goodbyes when they left for camp the next day.

"So this was it ?" Ron asked.

"For now." Percy said. "But don't worry. We will always be there if you need us. You should come to camp someday. I will try convince Hecate soon !" Percy said.

"Promise you will write us ?" Hermione asked as she gave Percy a hug.

"Of course! I still have Hermes." Percy said.

"You mean your owl?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah. But the god could also fly by with his shoes." Percy mused.

Her eyes widened with realizing why I named my owl Hermes. And the fact that the gods are real.

Percy had told her and Harry and Ron everything two days ago. Like.. everything.
They were shocked to say the least.

Hermione had so many questions it took almost 4 hours to answer them all.

Harry had been quiet since the battle.
Maybe because he knew it wasn't over. Maybe because he knew he would have to fight a war to win from Voldemort.

Percy was determined to help him as much as possible. Even if it was by just being there to listen to him. To be there if he needs someone who understands. Really understands.

"Harry.. you know you can always write me. No matter what. Or call or anything. And if you need a place to stay during the summer I know some really fun camp." Percy winked.

Harry smiled and thanked him.

"Percy we cant thank you enough." Professor McGonagall said. "Please say hi to Sally from me."

"I will." Percy smiled.

"You know where to find me and I will be there for you if he ever comes back. Thank you guys for helping me." Percy said to the teachers.

"You will always be welcome here Percy Jackson." Dumbledore said with a smile.

"Until next time! Bye guys !" Percy said.

The entire hall was filled with goodbyes.
One girl screamed. "I love you Percy!"

Annabeth shot the crowd a look and took Percy's hand.
Percy laughed and squeezed her hand.

Then they walked to Dumbledore who had a portkey for us to teleport back to camp.
"You know the spell Percy?" He asked.

Percy nodded.
"Everyone needs to touch it. Even if it is just one finger. Then we will go back but don't let go." Percy explained to the others.

They dit.
Percy touched the book and looked at everyone once more and then at his friends.

"Let's go home." Percy said. He murmured the spell.
They were spinning and then the hall disappeared. And the sunny camp reappeared. They let go and landed in the middle of camp. They were greeted with cheering and laughing.

"Welcome home." Annabeth said.

"Glad to be home."