25. Surrounded

For the first time ever Percy didn't mind falling.
He didn't feel fear, pain or anything really.
His mind completely blank.

The thought of summoning water to save himself or catch him didn't even occur to him.

Percy just closed his eyes and fell.
It was peaceful.. almost.

All until superman decided to end the weightlessness and the peace in Percy's mind.

"Jason!" Percy yelled at the blond boy carrying Percy up to the bright daylight. Face pale of shock and power it took to haul Percy up.

"Good to see your deathwish hasn't vanished ever since you left camp." Jason said grunting under Percy's weight.

Percy got hauled back up to the surface. Jason had barely anything left so he dropped Percy on the cold stones. Making him stumble and roll in the dirt.

For a second his vision turned black.
He bit back a scream. He had been stabbed in his side and shoulder during the battle with the monsters. He placed a hand on the wound. His blood felt warm on his hand.

Percy looked up, he was surrounded by people screaming words and flashing lights.
Turns out that they crushed the wall Dumbledore had put up. But not without problems. A lot were still outside. But unfortunately they were still inside. And quite a lot.

"Annabeth?" Percy asked with a hoarse voice. Suddenly realizing that she was out there in the battle. Probably smart enough to not get herself killed. But still Percy's heart raced until his eyes fell on the blonde in an orange shirt.
"Annabeth!" Percy screamed with a sore throat when he spotted her in the crowd.

She heard him and looked at him.
He didn't know it was possible for her to look happy, furious and relieved at the same time. But she did.

He wanted to go to her.
Feel her and hear her scream at him for being such a seaweedbrain. Maybe even judo flipped.
He couldn't wait.

But he had to.

"Percy!" He heard a girl screaming. Pointing to a group of students driven in a corner by the cyclops.

Percy got up and threw a dagger just in time to prevent a girls head being ripped of.
He rushed and got them enough time to run inside the castle, while Percy dealt with them.

Out of breath Percy looked around to see what was going on and where he needed to help.

Death eaters and monsers were fighting.
Students and teachers fighting off the death eaters with their magic.

The campers fighting the monsters with greek fire, swords and other inventions of the Hephaestus cabin.

Voldemort.

Where were Harry, Hermione and Ron?

Percy looked around and tried to find any sign of the order or friends of them.
Finally he found George.

"Where is harry?" Percy screamed as George freezed the death eater in front of him.

"They are inside. Please, help them Perce! I am keeping everyone out. But I don't know how much More I can handle."  George said.

"Getting tired already George?" Fred yelled with a forced smile on his face. But he jogged up to his twin to fight at his side.

Percy gave George a clap on his shoulder and rushed inside. He needed to find them.

It didn't take long.

Harry was being thrown down the stairs.
Ron and Hermione were fighting a snake.
Things were definitely going well..

Percy ran up to Harry, he hoisted him on his feet with one hand. Pointing riptide at Voldemort.

"Fool.. you really thought you would stand a chance against me.. with a piece of steel ?" Voldemort asked mockingly.

"At least I am not holding a twig.."

"Percy.." Harry coughed. "You survived.."

"Yeah.. obviously. You really thought a little fall from a cliff would kill me.. please... I have fallen into some worse things" Percy said.

"No.. I mean.. the spell.." Harry panted.

"Yeah.. what about it.." Percy asked. But didn't get an answer because they were interrupted by the noseless bald man.

He fired spells at them.
Harry deflected most of them with his wand. Percy took his own wand and tried to help as much as he could. But he was still new to magic.

"There! I told you I smelled rotting fish." A dracaena hissed behind them.

Percy turned around with a sigh.
Putting the wand back and drawing Riptide.

"What a joy.. it seems like we have a snake plague. Everywhere there are snakes or snake wannabes."

They hissed at him.
"Exactly my point.." He said under his breath. 

Percy held the incoming monsters at bay. But his injuries were slowing him down. He needed some nectar or something.

But he didn't have the luxury of taking a ten minute break. So he held his ground.

After what felt like lifetimes Percy heard his friends call his name.
But then Percy realized he and Harry were completely surrounded by monsters and death eaters.

Percy and Harry were standing back to back. Harry with his wand deflecting spells, Percy with Riptide turning monsters into dust.

"Percy!" Annabeth called out. "Hold on!"

Percy didn't even have the strength anymore to shout back. Percy lost a lot of blood from the wounds. He was getting tired. His muscles were burning. He just wanted to take a nap.

Percy didn't see it happen. But Voldemort had Harry on the ground. Voldemort smiling wickedly.
"You lost... Harry Potter." He started laughing.

"Avada kedavra!" Voldemort yelled slowly pointing his wand at Harry who looked frozen at the wand pointed at him.

Percy had a split second to react.
He did the only thing coming to mind.

He threw Harry aside and himself in front of Harry.
In a fraction of a second he unfolded his shield on his watch.

A green flash hit it and it seemed to keep coming. Percy let out a scream. He needed to hold on. Just hold on.

Then when it stopped Percy looked at Harry. Just to see him looking at Percy with wide eyes. The green flash stopped. And Percy fell on the cold ground. His knees not being able to hold him anymore.

The monsters had cleared.
No one made a move to kill him.

Percy looked at his friends who were standing there. It seemed like they were hitting on something.

Frank, in the form of a rhino charging only to hit something invisible.

Percy looked at Voldemort, he seemed like he was in a rage. His snake looking eyes were looking directly at Percy.

They were put in the air. Just like he had in the Big hall earlier this day.
But Voldemort held them firmly and crushed them hard enough to make breathing difficult.

"Today I will not just kill Harry Potter.. But the famous Percy Jackson as well." Voldemort laughed.

Flashes of light flashed behind him.
He heard muffled voices. Screaming and yelling.

"I will start of with my dear grandson. I will make everyone watch you slowly and painfully die.