Chapter 8

U͢n͢f͢o͢rg͢o͢t͢t͢e͢n͢

Giyu's pov//

My eyes snapped open as I looked around. I stood up immediately on fortification while I looked around for any sort of omen. I could sense a demon's attendance.
But from what I could tell it doesn't seem to know that I'm here if That's possible .
"Matsu you okay-" I turned and stopped in my tracks seeing neither my transport for matsunoki or Matsunoki herself anywhere.
'Damn it where is she...'
"Oh! Looks like our second contender is up!"a colleen voice cheers. I glare as I grab my sword waiting for an attack.
"Not so fast Mr. Demon Slayer... When playing a game!"she said simply.
"I'm not in the mood for your childish games"I responded, my eyes convey from each corner of the room embracing my surroundings.
"well then I guess you don't want to see your cute demon friend anymore..."she said in a Dejected tone.
"What did you do with her?"he demanded in a bitter tone.
"My what a charming demeanor you have..."she said with a doting sigh. "But I can assure you I have done nothing to distress the young demon...but the only way to find her is to play my little game..."
"I'll play your game'' I answered.
"Magnificent! It's a simple game of marco polo, you have till sunrise, you fail, your demon is my little pet you succeed I'll leave you alone"she said.
I listened and it sounded easy enough but by the looks of it this place reminded me of some sort of labyrinth.
I glared exiting the room before walking Away as I began my journey.

*•*•*•*•*

Matsu found herself in a familiar area where she wasn't wearing her robe. She was in a room as a young lady with pointy ears walks over and smiles lovingly at the small demon child .
"Hello little Matsu, how did you sleep "she said as she pats her head. Matsu cooes as her tail wags.
"Hogo! "she said as she hissed her fang biting her tongue. The woman laughs as she smiles and pats her head again. Suddenly there was a bang on the door as men yelled at the door.
"We know you demons are in there!" said some of them.
Hogo's eyes widened as he grabbed Matsu and began to run through the back. She held matsu close. Before a spear was stabbed through her chest. She winced falling forward as matsu tumbled ahead.
"hogo!"she said before she was picked up again and was taken to a tree with a hole deep enough so the sun wouldn't reach her. Hogo placed Matsu there as she whimpered.
"Hogo, stay"she said, grabbing her hand. Hogo smiles sadly.
"hogo say goodbye..."she said, removing her hand.
"No! Hogo stay no leave why you leave me!?''Matsu said, trying to reach the exit.
"so I can protect you... matsunoki you like the child I always wanted..."she said as the sun rose.
Matsu tears up as she sees the only person who loved her disappear.
"don't worry...you'll forget me...I won't let you live your life in sorrow..."she said tapping her forehead making the small demon fall asleep.
"and matsu...I love you..."

*•*•*•*•*

Matsu woke up as she looked around before her eyes lay on a female demon with a snake-like body that she was laying on as she hums.

"That was tragic... You poor thing"she said petting her head as Matsu cried silently.
"though I do feel bad I had to switch memories so I wonder how that elegant demon slayer would react seeing you like this...useless and clueless utterly adorable..."she said picking up matsu.
"Oh I simply love it when I have something utterly powerless in my grasp..."she said kissing her head as Matsu became dizzy feeling her body weaken and her surroundings spin becoming bigger.
"Aren't you even cuter like this?"she said, booping her nose.

The door broke down as a giant demon's head fell as well as the body of the demon,revealing an injured demon Slayer. His face was dark and petrifying. He looks at the demons as he points his sword at the demon.

"put...matsu...down..."he demands through pants as he grunts in pain. The woman claps her hands as her tail holds matsu.
"Wow you're alive but barely aren't you, the demons were made especially for you but you survived "she said.
"but even though I said I'd give her back she's so cute and I can't let a killer like you keep her it's far too cruel." she said as Matsu looked at giyu.
Her memory is hazy as she whimpers.
"gi-" the tail tightens as she whimpers.
"you'll kill her!"
"oh calm down...she a demon of anyone would kill her I'd be you..."she spat. "but now I'd like to see how much strength you have left!"she said as she pounced at him. He dodges as he kicks her Away from him, earning a good distance from her. She chuckled, turning towards him.
"wow! That was pretty good!"she smirks.
"Now do it again"she said as she charged again. He did the same thing yet it was slower.
The woman laughs "oh so soon...."she said as she charged. Giyu kicked her away causing the tail to loosen on Matsu who fell on the floor.
The demon circled the human, making him dizzy before she kneed his back a crack sound was heard before she moved in front of him and grabbed his throat, slamming him onto the wall, his sword dropping as he struggled to breathe.
'Danm, can't concentrate....'
"Now to snap that neck of yours...i may even make you a demon too!"she smirks as Giyu glares tightly gripping her wrist, struggling to break it.
Matsu looked at the scene in front of her as she stood, her clothes weighing her down. She had no clue what was going on. Side with demons or humans, she didn' know who or what she was but a voice telling her to stand and fight by the humans side.

A rush of adrenaline rose inside of her as she ran and kicked the demon hard enough to make her lose focus. The demon turns while at the same time it gives giyu the chance to attack. He ran over as he decapitated the female demon.
"Urgh-you bastard!"she said before her body fell as she went silent.

The surrounding area began to fade and Giyu caught a glimpse of light as he dove for Matsu ignoring the toll it took on him before rolling a bit covering her body and laying on top of her. His chest against her back as Matsu lets out a pained grunt, her body trembling, scared of what he may do to her.
"Sorry...it's day and the sun is out, your box was destroyed so this was the best thing i could think of..."he said through pained grunts. Matsu listened as she stayed still.
"I hope I'm not putting too much weight on you...i would move but..."giyu tried to move, his face looked pained before he moved slightly giving her more air to breathe for a second before collapsing on her. "As expected my body is inadequate to move..."he said. He turned to matsu who looked at him with a shy look.
"I'm glad you're okay," he said. Matsu blinks with a shy smile. The way he looked reminded her of hogo before he lost consciousness.
"Giyu?"

Hogo

Female demon lady

Female demon lady