Chapter 69

"Mata!" Sahadev nudged Kunti, who was singing lullabies to her grandson.
Kairavi was blissfully asleep on the grass, with Nakul taking care of her postpartum necessities.

"Look over there." The youngest pandav pointed straight ahead. Kunti followed his finger, and found Govind's sarthi approaching them.

The yellow flag and ivory vehicle was enough for the three of them to know that it was Krishna, who sent the conveyance for Arni

Another rath came into view trailing the first one.
The horses screeched into a halt before the royals and the sarthi hopped off his seat to greet them.

"Pranipat Rajmata and Rajkumars. Dwarkadhish Vasudev is waiting for you all in Indraprasth, so we are here to take you back."
Kunti smiled tenderly on hearing the news.
She gave one look to both of her stepsons and they nodded obediently.

Sahadev helped his mother who was holding the newborn, get on the chariot, and then proceeded to aid Nakul in carrying Kairavi carefully to the second one.

"My grandson's rath will lead the way, sarthi mahoday. Proceed!" The charioteer whipped the reins on the ground, setting off the four horses into a sprint to Shakraprasth, while the one with Nakul and Chandreya followed close behind.

She was in such a deep sleep that Arni didn't even notice when they had reached their home.
The relief of her son's safety had her smiling in her slumber.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Madhav was discussing something with the pandavs, when the chariots re-entered the palace.
Kairavi was taken to her chamber at once, and several dasis took up the task of tending to her needs.

The deferment of the family's stay was coming to an end, hence Vasudev advised them to leave the city before Duryodhan and his clan arrived.
At his aunt's request, he agreed to take Chandraputri and Subhadra to Dwarka with him till their husbands returned from the exile.
But on the inside, he knew that it wasn't going to happen.

Karenumati and Vijaya were asked to depart to their fathers' kingdoms while Panchali and the pandavs girded up for their stay in the forests. The ever-so-beautiful princess of Panchal, whose skin had never touched anything except vibrant satin and silk, was now dressed in a dull and humble saree.

The body, who had never stepped out of the fort without being loaded with gold and silver, was now adorned with garlands and beads.
Draupadi's crestfallen expression made the Parthas burn with even more remorse and regret.

She looked like a commoner; for the resplendence of a samragyi had flatlined from her countenance.

Nakul and Sahadev went to their second wives' quarters to bid them a painful adieu for thirteen long years. The separation was choking them from inside, but they kept their composure before the brave queens, who also maintained a stolid contortion to mask their agony.
They knew that their husbands would be back with even more radiance and valour, and they were willing to part with a piece of their hearts for the sake of their children.
They promised the Ashwineys to raise their sons to be equivalent to their fathers.