Chapter 40

Here's a romantic chapter for my chutki. IshuTurtleRabbitKim

Shakuni and Duryodhan met Yudhishthir and Draupadi at the main gate of the palace. 

"Where did you two go so early in the morning?" He asked dubiously. The conspirators looked at each other, and then back at the couple.

"Your capital is splendid in every aspect, Maharaj. I went to roam around the city at the most beautiful hour of the day; and then Duryodhan joined me." Gandhar Raj explained, earning dirty looks from Yagyaseni

Yudhishthir was too cynical to buy his batcrap. He had decided to keep an eye on their activities when Draupadi told him about their little excursion out of the palace.

Shakuni called his two nephews in his chamber when Dharmraj's attention was not on him. 

"Mere bacche. Takshak can launch his attack anytime. Better, we leave as soon as possible." He suggested. "I will go and inform Yudhishthir. You two pack your luggage."

Chandraja had been avoiding Dusshasan all day, but she crossed paths with him on the way. 

"Pranipat rajkumari." No response. Kairavi continued walking but he stood before her, blocking the way. "Move." She said in a strict tone.

"I've heard that you're infertile." She felt a physical pang in her chest. Even though it was the truth, being called 'infertile' was hurtful. "Aww look at you. You know it isn't a thing." He cooed, seeing her expression.

"What?" "Infertility." 

She raised her eyebrows at him. "Yes, really. It must be the impotence of those twins, that they can't impregnate you." His baseless claims didn't have any effect on her. It was a poor attempt to get in her pants.

"Well, impotence is another form for infertility so.." "It doesn't exist, my love."

"Yeah, neither does common sense exist in your case." He didn't pay heed to her flout and walked closer.

Panic began to settle in her veins. Luckily, she saw Sahadev's kaksh behind him and mentally took a note to run inside if he tried anything.

"I can give you as many sons as you want. All you have to do is be my queen." He tried to trace his finger along her face but she slapped his arm away and pushed him hard.

But being the whale he was, her push didn't send him too far. "I like my women wild and nasty; and you are a piece of art." He grinned like a mentally unstable person and charged towards her again.

Kairavi was quick to act. She ducked and booked it straight towards her husband's room. 

Sahadev was startled at her sudden entrance. Concerned, he got up from his bed and sauntered over to her.

Arni tried to close the door on Dusshasan's face but he slammed a hand on one of the panes to prevent it from shutting.

His excitement shot two storeys high, seeing his prey right before him. Just as he was about to grab her, Sahadev yanked her out of the way.

He got onto his face, glaring as if he was about to rip his intestines out. 

"Back. The hell. Off." They both were of the same height, but Sahadev's facial contortion was far more intimidating. Dusshasan challenged him with his eyes. The youngest pandav was still clutching her arm firmly while she peeked at both of them over his shoulder.

"Dusshasan!" Shakuni's voice rumbled from the other side."What are you doing?" He said through gritted teeth. He limped towards the scene and pulled his nephew off of Sahadev, "Are you crazy!? Why did you have to do it just now?"

"Mamashree, I take what I like." "Moorkh! That Panduputra will murder you before Takshak kills him. Off to your chamber. Now!"

The irritated son of Dhritrashtra had no other choice than to reverse his steps back from where he came from.

Sahadev waited till his cousin and uncle disappeared in the long corridor. "Are you okay?" He asked while scanning her up and down. "He tried to touch me!" Kairavi almost cried. 

"I will chop his filthy hands off." He murmured and took her face in his hands. 

Kairavi stayed in Sahadev's chamber till the three of them left the castle with their belongings.
"No need to bid them farewell." He ordered when a dasi came to summon them.

However, Panchali didn't have this privilege. She had to face the creep along with her two husbands.

Arni watched Shyama see them off from his kaksh. "Finally! I'm so glad they left early." Her husband wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, entangling her fingers with his.

"Tell me about it." She joked while Sahadev nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck. She in turn, rested her head against his collar bone.

"We should do this more often." He hummed in agreement.

They were enjoying their moment when another dasi requested Kairavi to come and survey the quilts that were supposed to be distributed in the town.

The pandavs were generous. They spent their money and time on charity very often, on the advice of their mother. And it was the responsibility of the queens to ensure the quality of objects being given away.

"I'll be there in a few." She dismissed the handmaiden. "Arya." she laughed when Sahadev tightened his grip, refusing to let her go.

She snaked her arm to the back and tickled his sides, making him lose his grip on her. 

"Cheat." He grumbled.

Kairavi started walking towards the door, but Sahadev had some other plans. She screamed, seeing his parashu coming towards her at full speed. 

But how can someone like him hurt his wife? He was holding one end of the shaft, while the other one went around Arni and got locked in his spare hand, trapping her between him and the weapon.

"Nobody can enter my vyuh. And those who do, cannot escape." She took a breath of relief, but Sahadev knocked it out of her lungs by jabbing the helve in her stomach. Her back crashed against his hard chest.

"Test your might, your highness." 

"You almost made me nauseous." She complained. He shrugged, "Sorry, not sorry."

"The later you release me, the more you have to wait." Kairavi tried to negotiate, but her husband was no fool. "Nope, actually I'll have to wait for the same amount of time in either case." 

"Then why are you doing this?"
"Take a guess, it's not that hard."

"Oof! Arya." She jerked his hands, but that obviously didn't work. "Just let me get it done and dusted, then I can come back to you." She kissed his jawline to persuade him.

"Let me think about that offer." His head went back to her neck and he sighed, breathing in her divine scent.