December 2020

December 01. The 13th birthday of my younger brother. We were not rich but we celebrated it the best that we could. My father, mother, and I were helping each other to cook foods.

Actually, I felt pity to him because he was expecting even just a greeting from my two older brothers. Sad to say until the sun went down, he didn't received any. I teased him because sometimes as his older sister, I was really mischievous. Unexpectedly he turned away and cried.

When the evening came, my parents were singing in a video karaoke. Then suddenly, one of our neighbors gave us foods in addition to the foods we prepared for my younger brother's birthday. We were thankful to that neighbor and I saw the happiness and smile from my younger brother.

When we had our dinner, I talked to him that he should understand my older brothers because for sure they were really busy on their works. I also added that we should wait for them to come home for their Christmas vacation. I was happy because he finally understood everything. Praise the Lord!

December 08. My mother bought another sim card for me. She bought another sim card from another network because my other sim card had a problem in terms of internet connection and detecting signal. I lived in a mountainous area and that's the reason why I could just access the internet whenever I went to town only. It was really hard and I was outdated to all social media. I could not even received a message via SMS due to poor signal.

I was really happy because I could access the internet using the new sim card. I could even watch movies on YouTube, update my social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, and of course Wattpad.

Before, I need to go to town to download music or movies but it's over now. I didn't know when would I post the stories I created on Wattpad but I hope sooner I could. It was a good factor or opportunity for me to start taking the path in writing journey. I've been dreaming to publish stories even on Wattpad since I was in high school and I believe it would be possible using the new sim card.

December 21. My older brother Joseph came to our home. We were so happy to see him. It's been how many months since we saw him due to his work.

He bought a CD tape of the movie Frozen II. We watched the movie together. Just like the old times that we laughed and enjoyed while watching the movie.

December 24. As part of the preparation for the Christmas eve, I helped my father in cooking Filipino style spaghetti. After that, we enjoyed eating the spaghetti we cooked. And suddenly, our neighbor came to our house and gave us foods. I ate a lot and my family, too.

After that, my brother Joseph and I were busy in updating our social media accounts. He also played online games and I just watched vlogs on YouTube.

When the night came we had our dinner and we just had conversation with my family. Unfortunately, we weren't able to wake up during midnight because we sleep soundly.

But deep inside me , I was so happy for reach that Christmas eve and spent that together with my family.

We also remembered  the meaning of Christmas. Christmas is not just all about foods and presents but it is also remembering the God's unfathomable love for us. He gave his only son to save the world.

December 26. I started to write my story and I planned to try in submitting that story to a publishing company.

Actually, it is my ultimate dream to publish books since I was young. But it was just only dream since I didn't try to submit a story in a publishing company due to my fears. But starting that day, I tried to breakaway and fought my fears.

December 31. Praise the Lord! Finally my family and I reached the last day of the year 2020. The year 2020 was like 'survival to the fittest'. I wouldn't been able to cope with everything without God.

The feelings were unexplainable when I heard the noise from my neighbors which was the signal that 2020 is officially ended!

It is indeed beyond blessed to conquer and survive the year 2020!

***
BOTTOM LINE

1.When you think that the world is so dark, learn to be patient in order to see God's light.

2.God will find a way.

4.Never think that nobody loves you. Remember that God gave his begotten Son because of his great love for us.

4.God's love is unconditional.

5. Learn to get out from your comfort zone or dark shell. There's no harm in doing that. At the same time, learn to face your fears.

6. Lastly, never forget that God is always working in your life. You'll never be victorious against everything without Him. Trust God with all your heart and let Him face the battles you are fighting in your life.

***
Glory to God!