June 2020

My family and I are farmers. We had a small business which was raising and selling the swine. Sad to say, when June 2020 came it was not allowed because of the lockdown. Nobody would buy it.

June 03. My brother and his family successfully reached Cebu City. We were so happy because it was not that easy for them to travel because they have two kids. Kids were not allowed to travel and that was the new policy that we were obliged to follow. The process were tough and a little bit long but God made everything alright.

June 08. There were another two people who were positive in COVID-19. Every time there would be positive of the said virus, we felt sad and worried. It only means that new normal protocols will be more stricter as well as the lockdown status in our place.

June 09. Our governor was ordering that the asymptomatic patients would no longer undergo swab test but only those people who had symptoms such as influenza-like. I've also heard the news that the hospital would no longer received patients due to the lacking of space or room in the hospital. Each day hundreds of people were positive in Cebu City and the public hospital had no vacant room or space anymore. Honestly, we are not a rich country that's why the public hospitals were not able to accommodate more patients.

June 10. The trending news was all about a COVID-19 patient who was committing a suicide in a public hospital. He jumped from the third floor and died! They said that he felt depressed and hopeless. He was a father and he was thinking that he could not provide his family just like before because he was infected of COVID-19. He felt hopeless if he could get out alive from the quarantine room. According to his wife, he was scared and felt ashamed to his neighbor because of his condition. He was also worried about his family. It is because he thought that the neighbors would discriminate his family. That was the reason why he chose to end his life.

June 16. The illness of my father started to attack. As time went by, his condition was getting worse. My mother tried to do the alternative healing but it didn't work.

June 30. Our municipal doctor told my mother that my father should be admitted to hospital. They could not give any medicines for him because those were not effective anymore.

When we knew about that, we were problematic. We didn't have money to go to the hospital. Aside from that, the pandemic was still active. We were stuck in a situation that my father's condition was getting worse everyday, he needed to be admitted to the hospital while the pandemic was very severe. We didn't know what to do!

***
BOTTOM LINE

1. Never lose hope. We should remember that within the dark tunnel, there's God who is always near for us. At the end of that dark tunnel, there's the light.

2. Do not over think. Yes! This is really common for us. Mostly, we over think negative things beyond the line. This is the greatest factor why we feel depressed, hopeless, fear and ashamed. However, we should put in our mind that we cannot predict the future and there's a great possibility that those things we over think won't ever happen in the reality or future. Fear and over thinking are the things that cannot be trusted.

3. You don't have the right to end your life because you are not the Creator. We, people are beyond blessed that God chose us to live on this world He created. Suicide is a great sin! Suicide is a big NO-NO but living your life is a big CHECK!

***
Glory to God!