May 2020

May 11. We celebrated the birthday of my oldest brother. We had memorable moments. We were happy and blessed for we still celebrate one of the important days to our family despite the threat of COVID-19.

Soon, we received the SAP(Social Amelioration Program). I heard some controversial issues about it but I have no right to elaborate everything here. Bright side? That program really helped us a lot. My father bought some sacks of fertilizer for our corns and feeds for the pigs.

May 19. I received two bad news. First, there's a first confirmed case of COVID-19 in my hometown. I was felt sad because supposedly tomorrow ECQ (Enhanced Community Quarantine) in my hometown will be lifted and we will be under General Community Quarantine but sad to say we were back to zero. The local government declared that my whole hometown would remain in ECQ. The local government added that they would lift the ECQ to GCQ (General Community Quarantine) if the infected person would be healed.

It was so sad. We were not allowed to go even to our neighboring barangays. The head of the family were only allowed to go outside from the house. They were allowed to go to other barangays but they should have quarantine pass. According to my father, the policemen or soldiers were guarding the streets for the checkpoint. I think the situation was worse than the martial law. The curfew and other new policy were very strict. I knew that the government did that for their concern of the Filipino citizens.

The effects of the COVID-19 were very shocking and very unusual for us. Even the older people said that, since they were young, it was the first they experienced that they were not allowed to go to the other barangays or town.

Another bad news, ESL Center (where I worked) has officially closed. I didn't have work anymore. I really felt sad because I learned to love my job and the workplace but it was officially gone. And I don't know right now where to work and how to find a job (hopefully) during or after this pandemic!

***

BOTTOM LINE

1. When you're feeling weary, feeling down and felt that you are lifting the world alone, just turn to God. He is always there for you and never ever abandon nor forsake you.

***
Glory to God!