February 2020

February is what they called "love month".Well for me, every second, I experienced being loved by my family, neighbors, friends, and of course God. But during February 2020, I didn't expect that  God would make it a little special and extraordinary.

God let me meet one of His beautiful creations. I couldn't forget his physique especially his beautiful eyes and his attitudes. We had different perspectives in life and interests. Actually, he was the man that was really opposite of my standards of an ideal man. But as time went by, I got to know him more and learned to admire his differences. He's the man that I didn't expect to serve as an instrument to make Valentine's day extra special for me. Though I don't have a boyfriend ever since but he let me experienced what to feel to have one.

Sad to say, our love story was a modern fairytale for we didn't end up together! There were many circumstances or factors that we need to part ways and continue to live our lives separately. I wouldn't lie that I felt so devastated that time but I have nothing to do with it. He was just like a minor character in my own story. I couldn't force him to be my partner or be the male character for me because I am not the writer or creator of my own story but God is the writer and creator of my story. I was hurt at first but as time went by, I accepted the ending of our story.

In our lives, there are many people whom we meet but will never stay for the rest of our lives. They will just visit our lives for a reason or they are just instrument sent by God to have a meaningful purpose in our lives.

To this man,

     I am grateful to God for He let me meet one of His beautiful creations and that is you. Honestly, I don't know how to express my gratefulness to you for everything you've done to me but really I am. You were one of the that served as the beautiful things that happened in year 2020.

    I just hope that no matter where you are, you will find your happiness and love.

***

On the other side, the exact fourteenth day of February 2020 was truly memorable to me.

I attended the wedding of my friend and that was my first time to attend a special wedding with bridesmaids, groom's men, and the like. Why? It's because I came from a simple and ordinary family. When my relatives or cousins got married, they have had their wedding ceremony in an ordinary way.

However, I felt a little bit sad because I've heard the people talking about the pandemic (COVID-19) and they somehow blamed the government and the foreigners in entering the country. They said that before the pandemic, when people saw foreigners, they really admired them. But that time, things were turning back. When they saw foreigners especially Chinese they felt that those foreigners were positive in COVID-19.

I really felt sad about this because of the pandemic, the discrimination was arising. I couldn't blame the people in my country of feeling that way. I understood them somehow because as an individual we didn't want ourselves especially our family to be positive on the pandemic. We truly love our family and we wanted them to be protected from different diseases. But it is my hope that the respect and love from the other  people will never deceased. I believe being self-centered wouldn't do any good to the situation but it'd make worse. Let us also think not just the current time but also tomorrow.  Remember, time won't stop nor freeze!

Despite of that situation, I still have had experience beautiful things on that day. I finally visited the famous tourist spots in our place. The scenery was really wonderful. It was like a dream came true. Before I just saw and read the tourist spots on the internet but finally I manage to see that with my eyes!

***
BOTTOM LINE

1. Accept the fact that some people who entered your life will only be served just a "front act" or a minor character in your own story. When the time comes that they need to exit from your life, never hate them nor feel devastated about it. Accept and move on. As time goes by, you will realize the purpose and reason why they entered your life once.

2. When you meet someone, do not take him or her for granted. Cherish and value the time while you are together. When the time comes that you need to be apart, you don't have regrets anymore. It's easy for you to accept that the two of you are not meant to be and you can move on easily as time goes by.

3.Respect everyone.

4. Do not think only for the current time because time won't stop nor freeze.

5. Be patient. Everything is put in place in God's perfect time.

***
Glory to God!