ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Ever since Alexander and I talked a month ago we have been calling each other every day

Ever since Alexander and I talked a month ago we have been calling each other every day. Connor has now been born - prematurely, but he is fine - and they moved to level nine last week. I know that Alexander probably could have dealt with carrying everything and helping the movers get all his things from one apartment to the other, but I felt like I owed it to him to help, so I took the day off from Lilac Royalty and spent the day with Myrta and baby Connor.

Shaking my head, I focus on the conversation happening around me, allowing myself a faint smile as I enjoy the feeling of being, in a small way, part of a family.

"I swear, if you decide to fly me into the air without warning again, I will spark!" Vulcan hisses, her eyes focused on Eagle who sends her a kiss.

Gold sighs next to me, her voice low enough for only my ears as she mutters, "Honestly, these girls are children...".

I nod, my smile spreading.

"I was trying to levitate you! How cool would it be to have a flying Flamma Lorem!" Eagle exclaims.

During our vigilante outing a few hours ago Vulcan had been chasing one of the terrorists who had been trying to place a bomb next to one of the lower pillars holding the city up. Since the male she was running behind got on a hont and flying the vehicle up to level two, Eagle thought it would be a grand idea to whisk Can up and throw her towards the terrorist.

"Eagle," I warn, "Can's sparks aren't the nicest," I warn, rubbing my arm unconsciously.

Opposite me, Ember agrees, "My sister isn't known for controlling herself,".

During these past few weeks I have been going out with all these girls I have learnt things I never thought could be true - such as Ember and Vulcan being twins. They don't talk about their family though, so I haven't managed to crack who they are, but taking into account that twins aren't that common, there are only three sets who might have Flamma Flexuram. Sadly, though, I can't ask them directly, or my cover will be blown, but I know I am nearing my end goal.

A part of me feels like I am using excuses to extend my stay, but the majority of me likes spending time in this underground hideout, still a secret to the police force. I should let them know, I know I will get in a lot of trouble for not saying anything, but I can't make myself send the location and entry password to my superior, it wouldn't sit well with me. No, this place will stay untouched - the mission never stated I should turn in the location of their hideout.

Hemlock cuts in, "Well I think Eagle stands a pretty good chance against Can,". She is looking at me, the emotions behind her eyes a mystery, as usual.

"I agree," Chimes Diamond from the reading nook, her nose in yet another book. I never expected her to be such a bookworm, but the more time I spend with the group, the less time she seems to spend with us, her eyes glued to a different book every day.

"Thank you!" Eagle exclaims, although I can see worry in her eyes as she glances at Hemlock before taking a seat next to me, her smile not reaching her eyes.

I know Eagle and Hemlock have quite a bit of history, but nobody has mentioned it. I feel like none of them like talking about their past, instead focusing on the present, on the moments they have lived together. But it makes me wonder, what has each girl lived through? And how did they end up here? How did they even meet?

"And I don't?" I gasp, my voice dripping with mock offence as I place a hand over my chest, pouting.

Vulcan grins, "Nope. You've gotten better, but not good enough,".

I continue pouting, crossing my arms as I stick my nose in the air. Both Eagle and Gold stifle a laugh, Ember shaking her head, a small smile staying on her lips as she scrolls through her personal phone - a pink phone case, stars and glitter decoration stuck to it as if it had been hand made.

They have become more comfortable around me to the point they have started bringing things from their personal lives here - except for Diamond, Eagle and Hemlock because they actually live in this underground bunker.

"Too good,"

Hemlock has now gotten up, her voice slicing through the atmosphere like a knife cuts butter. The air feels still, the calm before a storm. The hairs of my arms spike up, a chill running up my back as she slowly makes her way towards me.

Eagle seems to detect Hem approaching, lazily opening her eyes and getting up, standing in front of me. Gold doesn't seem to realize the tense situation happening before her, so she says thoughtfully, "Not really... I mastered my powers pretty quickly. Quicker than Fish here, that's for sure." As if realising she might have hurt my feelings she quickly turns to me, her eyes concerned, "Which isn't a bad thing! Everyone learns at their own pace. Right, Ember? Diamond?".

Di mumbles something, but I'm more concerned for the nearing Plantae Lorem.

"Hemlock," Eagle warns, spreading her legs a bit - into a fighting position, I realise.

What could be happening between them, between us, for Eagle, the joy and laughter of Lilac Royalty, to stand put in front me, ready to fight off whatever the plant powered girl throws our way.

"I just want to check something," She replies, tucking her hands under her armpits. There is something I am missing.

Eagle shakes her head, "No. You promised, remember?".

I am definitely missing something.

Sliding out of my seat, I ask, "What do you want to ask?".

My heart is beating faster than usual, the fear of Hemlock being able to read my emotions, maybe even my mind making me scared. If they figure out my true identity, the organization I work for, I have no idea what will happen to me. They have all seemed sweet up to this point, but I haven't seen them at their worst, so I can't judge just yet.

The Caeli Lorem turns to me, her eyes filled with worry, "Nothing, don't worry. Di! Some help?".

"Leave Fish alone, Hemlock!".

It can't be that important if Diamond didn't even bother to lift her head from her new book - a romance based on the title - but the way Eagle reacted keeps me on edge during the rest of the evening.

Hemlock seems to see straight through my lies - I'll have to get rid of her as soon as possible.

CHAPTER ELEVEN WORD COUNT: 1142

I did it! 1138 words, all written with only my left hand. It took so long! But anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! If you are wondering why Hemlock is acting the way she is, make sure to add When Birds Swim to your library so that you are notified when the next chapter is released! Okay, now enough of my self-promotion. 

Question: What is your favourite story on Wattpad and why?

Personally, I LOVE 'Saving Who?' by seemah870. It has such a great plot, although after reading it for the fourth time I did realize the timeline is a bit off, but the story is just so amazing I can forgive it lol (I know it's hard to keep things straight sometimes, so not saying the author isn't a good writer!). The main character is so well-written and her friends are the kind anybody wishes to have. Oh, and the ending! I cry every time I read the last few chapters.