Chapter 8

The dinner table was tense. After lunch with Alessandro, I had refused to speak a word to him for the rest of the day, and he was becoming visibly frustrated. We had gotten home in time for dinner and were waiting on Elijah and Teddy, who were running late. Alessandro was sitting at the head of the dining table with the twins sitting on one side and Leonardo and I sitting on the other side.

The front door finally opened, and Elijah and Teddy walking into the dining room. "Sorry it took us so long, but traffic was heavier than I expected," Elijah explained.

"Don't worry about it," Alessandro responded. "Take a seat, and we can get started with dinner." Elijah took a seat next to the twins, and Teddy sat down next to me.

"Hey, Teds," I said, giving him a hug. "How did the placement test go?"

"It was annoying," he huffed. "I had to take three different placement tests, and now my brain hurts." Three tests? I looked at Elijah with raised brows, hoping for an explanation.

"Oh, right! Alessandro, I didn't get a chance to tell you, but we have a genius for a brother. We went to the elementary school, and Teddy completed the two-hour test in 30 minutes. He got a perfect score of the test, so the principal recommended that he move up to middle school. Then, we went to the middle school, and the same thing happened. Finally, we went to the high school, and they said he can start ninth grade. Not only that, but he placed into the hardest classes available for ninth grade." Dang, if I knew this would happen, I would've done a bit better on that placement test.

"Don't you think that's a lot of stress?" Alessandro asked. "He's only nine. And then there's the social aspect. He won't have any friends his age."

"I already talked with the elementary school, and they don't mind if he goes there for extracurriculars. As for stress, if it gets to be too much then we can always move him to lower grade, but he did really well on the placement test. David almost wanted him to start eleventh grade, but I felt that would be a bit much," Elijah answered.

"So he's going to our school?" Emilio asked.

"Precisely, and I expect you two to act nice. I don't want any issues," Elijah said to the twins. Turning to me, he asked, "How did your test go, Aves?"

"Eh, good enough," I shrugged.

"You did not do good enough. David was close to putting you in eighth grade, but your above average math score stopped him," Alessandro rebutted. "She's in all lower level classes except for math. She's taking Multivariable Calculus."

"I think I did see that when I was sitting with David," Elijah said. "Ava, you and Teddy are taking that class together, and you also have lunch and P.E. together."

"It's nice to have a genius brother, but I never knew I had an idiot for a sister," Emilio smirked. I stood up to punch that smirk off Emilio's face before Teddy stopped me. One day I will beat the shit out of him, and I will enjoy every second of it.

"Emilio, stop provoking your sister. She's not an idiot, she just needs some extra help. School isn't everyone's strength, so don't make fun of her for it," Elijah scolded.

"Can we move onto dinner?" Alessandro asked. Once we all answered with a yes, we started eating.

Once we finished dinner, Alessandro said, "Tomorrow morning, Leo will be spending time with you, Ava, and then Elijah will take you for the afternoon. Teddy, I'm taking you for the morning, and then Leo can take you for the afternoon."

Great, another day of bonding. What could go wrong?

 What could go wrong?