Chapter 17

I had been on the edge of an anxiety attack since sneaking back home last night. My brothers were sending me looks of disappointment during breakfast, and it added more to my nausea. I hated how much my brothers distrusted me, but my fear of him compelled me to do these horrible things.

I was currently in history class, and Seth was lecturing about some event in history that I didn't give a shit about. My only goal was to keep my breathing under control until I could go home and cry in peace. Unfortunately, it was proving to be harder than usual.

Class was finally dismissed, and I knew I needed to talk to Seth about tomorrow. "Mr. Davis, can we talk?"

"Of course, Ava," he said.

When everyone left the classroom, I said, "We might have a slight problem. My brothers caught me sneaking back in last night, and now I have to sleep in the same room as them every night until they trust me again. I don't think I'll be able to sneak out tomorrow night."

"I thought that would happen," Seth smirked. "I brought something that might help."

Seth grabbed a satchel from behind his desk and pulled out a bag of white powder. "This is a drug that will put your brothers to sleep for long enough to sneak out, do the job, and sneak back in."

"I can't drug my brothers," I exclaimed. "That's absolutely ridiculous. They already don't trust me, and this will destroy any trust that remains between us.

"Do you want me to tell him where you and Teddy are?" he asked.

I sighed deeply, saying, "Fine. What do I do?"

He measured out a small amount and said, "This is enough to knock out one of your brothers. Mix it with some water and have them drink it. It's completely tasteless. It will probably take thirty minutes or so to knock them out."

I looked at the powder suspiciously and asked, "How do I know this isn't poison?"

Seth took the small amount that he measured and mixed it with his water. He then chugged the water in ten minutes.

I widened my eyes and questioned, "Don't you have to teach?"

"I have a dentist appointment today and asked for the rest of the day off. I've been taking this drug for years, so it usually takes longer for it to kick in, and when it does, the effect isn't as extreme as it is on a normal, drug-free person," Seth chuckled.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow night," I said. This would not end well.

It was the night of the job, and Elijah, Leo, Teddy, and I were about to start a movie night

It was the night of the job, and Elijah, Leo, Teddy, and I were about to start a movie night. Alessandro was working late, and Emilio and Matteo were at a party. Apparently, I wasn't trustworthy enough to go to the party. I honestly hated parties, but at least I wouldn't have to drug my brothers to sneak out and meet Seth.

Elijah and Leo were stuck babysitting Teddy and I. They were getting the snacks ready while Teddy and I were changing into our pajamas.

"Ava, where were you last night?" Teddy asked me.