Chapter 32

It had been a little over a week since we had returned home from Hawaii, and my brothers had made no mention of going to Georgia. Deep down I knew that it wouldn't be possible with the amount of danger my family was in, but I had held onto this hope that I would be able to visit Mom's grave, or at least until today. Until her four year death anniversary.

Alessandro and Elijah had told all of us to be dressed and ready by four. They had been planning a surprise for us. My guess is that they were trying to take our minds off the fact that we wouldn't see Mom this year. Maybe next year would be different. Maybe by next year Demetri will be captured.

I was dressed in black jeans and a blue top. Blue was Mom's favorite color.

Around my neck was a chain with Mom's first wedding ring on it. Even if I couldn't see her, there were other ways to honor her memory.

Walking downstairs, I immediately saw Elijah and Peyton, kissing. "Get a room, guys," I said, alerting them of my presence.

"Aves!" Elijah pulled himself away from Peyton looking flustered. "I didn't think you'd be down for a few more minutes."

"Uh huh. You have some lipstick there," I smirked, pointing to his neck.

He frantically wiped it off, acting like a silly teenager who had just been caught by his parents. I stifled a smile and noticed Peyton doing the same. "Babe, you're twenty-four years old," she smiled, caressing his cheek. "You don't have to hide your love life from your little sister, especially when she already knows we're dating. And anyways, we were just making up for when you disappeared on me for a week." Gross.

Elijah playfully pushes Peyton's shoulder. "I know, but she's still my little sister. I don't want her to get any crazy ideas from seeing how in love we are," he chuckled, eyeing me for any sign of rebellion.

I rolled my eyes at my brother's protectiveness. Some things never change.

Sitting next to Peyton, I greeted her with a side hug and turned to Elijah. "So what do you and Sandro have planned?"

"He wanted to tell you himself. But are you doing okay, amore? I know today has been tough for you."

I had barely left my room today, only coming downstairs for meals that my brothers forced me to have. I was apparently "too skinny and too small for a fifteen-year-old girl." I didn't know what they were talking about considering I was most definitely done growing. They were mainly concerned about how underweight I was, but I had improved drastically since coming home. They should just accept the little victories and move on.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm as okay as I can be."

"Paolo and the maids are preparing a dinner of all of Mom's favorite foods. Hopefully that'll help. And the surprise will definitely cheer you up," he sighed.

I nodded my head before looking up at Peyton. "Are you staying for dinner?" Over the past week, I had grown a lot closer to my brother's girlfriend. She was like a sister to me, someone who had my back when I needed to stand up to any of my brothers.

"I don't want to intrude-"

"You're not intruding," I smiled. "It would be nice to have another girl tonight instead of being stuck alone with all this testosterone."

Peyton laughed at me and ruffled my hair. "If you insist, but I think it would be better if I didn't join for the surprise. You should be able to enjoy that alone with your brothers and no one else."

The twins and Teddy soon came running down the stairs making a commotion. "Theodore Russo," Elijah yelled when Teddy jumped from the fifth stair to the bottom. "Go back upstairs and walk down the stairs properly. We do not jump off the stairs in this house."