Chapter 17 Falling into Place

"I'm going to call my parents and let them know how you've been treating me ever since I got here! You know that this company has major shares in your grandfather's companies enough to ruin them if we pull out right?" Willo said while taking out her phone. 

"You wouldn't dare" Zaire said sternly as he turned to face her. 

"Try me.... Like I said before I can do anything to get us back together even if it means to ruin you. Tell you what.... I will think about it if you let go of the hand you're holding right now" Willo continued. 

"What? Are you really willing to go that far?" Zaire inquired.

"You might be able to shun me all you want, but you wouldn't dare to turn your back on the person that raised you" she continued. 

 "And how has he been treating you?" a voice came from the entrance. 

She was taken aback when she saw who it was. 

"Daddy when did you...." she tried to speak.

However, she was unable to finish her statement as he approached them. He then turned to Zaire and bowed his head for a moment. 

"I'm sorry for all the troubles my daughter has caused you ever since she got here" he said after a few seconds.

"Daddy what's going on?" Willlo inquired. 

"What are you doing? Apologize now!" he continued sternly while looking at her. 

She was flabbergasted, but saw that her father was really upset with her.  She bowed her head slightly and apologized under her breath. 

"Are you trying to ruin us?" her father continued.

"How can they ruin us when we have major shares in their companies! Don't you see we have the upper hand here?!" Willo exclaimed furiously. 

"Are you stupid? Didn't you read the acquisition files I sent you?" Mr. Deer asked astonished.

"What acquisition files?" she inquired with eyes wide opened. 

Her father shook his head while shaking her shoulders vigorously.

"Zaire is the chairman of this company!" he exclaimed. 

Willo's legs got weak and her father had to hold her so she didn't fall to the floor.

"The only reason I didn't remove your family immediately from the company was because we once had a history together and I didn't think that your parents should pay for your short comings" Zaire said as he turned to face her. 

"Why didn't you tell me that you are the chairman of this company and not my dad?" Willo said with tears in her eyes.

"Were we that close?" Zaire retorted.

"What?" she found herself saying. 

"Well, let's test out that loyalty you were talking about just now....... If you apologize now I will rethink what I should do with your parents' reputation" Zaire said as he stared at her intently.

 She looked across at her dad and sighed heavily before looking at Zaire.

 "I'm sorry, I was out of line" she said.

"Not to me" Zaire said as he used his hands to gesture. 

WIllo's eyes followed his hands. 

"You're going to apologize to Becka and I want you to get on your knees and do it" he continued.

 "Zaire..." Becka tried to speak. 

Don't" he said sternly as he squeezes Becka's hand and cut's off her speech.