Chapter 5 Tyler's POV

I stood there contemplating on what to do now as I was still in shock. I knew that there was something suspicious about Zaire, but I did not imagine that it would be this big. 

I decided to leave, but I had to retrieve the books before someone discarded them out of spite. I would have to face detention for a whole week for being negligent.

The school had a strict policy about respecting the books because they provided all the books that the students needed to use at the school free of cost. 

Well not really, it was deducted from the hefty school fee that they had to pay as it was an elite school.

When I thought about the scolding my mother would give me for letting them waste extra money, I decided to turn around and take up the books that were just lying on the desk near the back of the classroom. 

I will just take up the books and get the hell out of there, as they were so engrossed in doing what they were doing.

I did just that and turned around to leave thinking how I was able to sneak in and out without being noticed when my phone began to ring. 

I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my teeth as the sudden loud sound made me cringed. I hurriedly took it out of my pocket and stopped the call, but my next best option was to hurry and get out of the room.

"Stop right there!" I heard Zaire saying and I knew that he was getting up from off the teacher's desk.

"Who are you?" he asked while his steps were heard closer to where I was standing with my back turned to him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he was now facing me directly.

"I just came to collect my books and I saw nothing" I said while using my hands to gesture.

"Ah...Is that so?" he said now with a devilish smile on his face.

I was about to reply when my phone rang once more and I decided not to answer it. Becka was the one calling and I was in a sticky situation at the moment. 

I was about to put the phone into my pocket when Zaire stretched out his hand to take the call. Apparently he had glimpsed my phone screen and saw that I was receiving a call from Becka.

He told Becka that I was on my way as we were having a little conversation about the things I needed to catch up on for the new class tomorrow. 

When he hung up and gave the phone to me, he told me not to misunderstand. He insisted that saying anything to Becka would make her upset. 

He then went further to warn me that if I made Becka upset, then he would turn my life into a nightmare before walking off. I was left to stare at him in disbelief.

The next 3 months went on with me not mentioning that incident to Becka who I thought was so naïve to the affairs of the heart that she had to fall in love with this womanizer.

I thought how easy their life was back in 10W as they did not know the other side of Zaire as I had figured out who the tyrant senior was that Kaesann was trying to hint us about. 

However, silly Becka and Payeton thought it was someone else, Zac Humphreys as he was outwardly despicable and flirted with every girl in sight. 

I didn't mind him really, at least I knew from the get go that he was disgusting. However, Zaire on the other hand was pretending to be a saint to gain the trust of these two naïve girls. This left an opening for him to prey on Becka. 

I wanted to maybe believe that I had misunderstood Zaire and Ms. Maquin's relationship, but little did I know that it was just a tip of the iceberg to what I would be witnessing daily on the entire 11 grade block.