Chapter 19 Let's Go All The Way

"Did that confession make you cringe? That's what I wanted to say while proposing but that's all in the past now" Zaire said.

 He then tilted the full wine glass up his head before proceeding to pour another glass when Becka held onto his hand, beseeching him with her eyes to stop. 

"Don't worry.......From now on if I should die you will own everything I have. The only condition is that you give birth to my child" he continued.

 He then pulled his hand from her grip. 

Becka watched as he poured another glass, but as he tried to bring it to his mouth once more, she used her hand to knock the glass from his hand. It shattered on the floor throwing splitters everywhere. 

"Why should I have to live without you? Why should you always have the final say whenever I mess up? If there is a future for me without you by my side, that's a future I don't want to have!" Becka exclaimed furiously. 

She then picked up the bottle and titled it as if she was going to consume all the wine at once.Zaire got up quickly and pulled the bottle from her hand.

"Are you crazy?!" he exclaimed. 

"Yes I am! That's who I will be if we are not together!" Becka retorted while trying to retrieve the bottle from his hand. 

Zaire threw the bottle in the wall and it hit with a smash. The broken glass and liquid flew everywhere. He then turned to face her and shook her shoulders vigorously as he tried to get her under control.

 "Zaire I'm sorry I drove you to this edge. I'm sorry that I'm always messing up and you have to clean up after me! But please don't leave me, please say you will stay by my side" Becka sobbed as she now knelt down before him. 

"Becka what do you think you are doing?!" Zaire  exclaimed.

 He then sat beside her quickly and put her into a sitting position also. 

"You don't have to beg me to do anything" he continued as he rested her head on his chest.

Becka wrapped her arms around his waist as she squeezed him tightly.

 "I was never planning to leave your side.....I just said those things to prove that you needed me the same way I needed you" Zaire continued while rubbing her back affectionately.

 "I'm sorry I refused your proposal without discussing the pregnancy with you first" Becka sobbed.

 "No, I'm the one who should apologize. Over the past years I've always made it seemed that you were the only one to always jump to your conclusions. But, the truth is, I am the same way as you.

 I've always held my idiosyncratic views of how each situation should be analyzed and I never once thought of how my meticulous ways of doing things can hurt the ones I love. I've always been pulling people's strings to dance to only the tunes I played or I would get rid of them......

I never once gave you the space you needed to really breathe and try to experience life without my assistance. I'm sorry that I've been such a fool to only realize this now. 

Do you think you can forgive me?" he continued in a remorseful tone.

Becka was about to answer when she felt water dripping on her cheek as he had rest his head against hers. 

"I will forgive you under one condition" she said while squeezing him tightly. 

 "What is that?" he inquired as he used his hand to brush her hair gently.