Chapter 3 The Male God

Becka stood there smiling while cupping her face with both hands as she watched the car driving away. She was captivated by her thoughts when she was interrupted by a voice.

"Are you new here?" the person asked. 

When she turned around to look who it was, she saw a girl standing there with both hands folded across her chest staring directly at her. 

"Yes I am" Becka said.

She tried to study the girl's personality as she looked a bit serious. 

"My name is Becka Brooks and you are?" Becka spoke up while extending her hand to the stranger. 

"Oh... Sorry about that. My name is Kaesann Xyler. Nice to meet you Becka" she said while shaking Becka's hand.

"Are you heading in now?" Becka asked Kaesann as she glanced at her watch. 

"I was but, I'm a bit early so I was..." but before she could complete her sentence, she was interrupted by Becka's suggestion.

"I'm waiting on my friends from Junior High so if it's not a bother we could all hang out" Becka said. 

Kaesann looked at her and smiled.

"Is it possible that you are asking me to be your friend?" Kaesann inquired while raising an eyebrow.  

Becka nodded.

"Yes I want you to be my friend. Is it not possible?" Becka continued. 

Kaesann smiled in agreement.  Both girls then began to laugh when Payeton and Tyler approached them.

"Who was that guy Becka?" Payeton asked while holding onto her friend's arm while blushing. 

"What guy?" Becka asked while making sure not to make any eye contact. 

"Don't play smart with us" Tyler warned his friend.

He then told her that they saw everything while coming in together. Feeling cornered by her two childhood friends and Kaesann's stares she confessed that she had indeed landed herself a handsome boyfriend. 

Tyler and Payeton wanted to bombard her with further questions, but she made sure to avoid them by introducing them to Kaesann. She then informed them that they would be late on their first day. Everyone then scampered as they made their way towards the auditorium.

Meanwhile........

After driving for some time, Scott and Zaire arrived at the chairman's house. While inside, Zaire greeted his grandfather and Scott gave him an update on both of Zaire's parents' whereabouts and what they have been up to since they came back to Wilmer's Hill.

While they were conversing about business for some time, Zaire excused himself to attend his classes at school as the time was getting a bit late. 

"Why are you so eager to attend school from now on Zai, when you agreed to be schooled here instead?" his grandfather asked to question his motives while raising an eye brow. 

"I just feel that it's time to go back there" Zaire replied while taking out his phone.

"It's a girl isn't it?" his grandfather asked turning  to Scott.

"I'm not sure grandfather" Scott replied while turning his gaze towards Zaire.

"I bet she's pretty. You should bring her over some time if she is worthy enough" his grandfather continued before chuckling to himself.

"When I find a girl that I like, I will make sure to do that" Zaire replied. 

He then excused himself to attend school.  When Zaire had exited the door, he managed to let out a sigh of relief.