Chapter 43

Edits by Naravil

Gu Yan Ran swept her eyes across the table and smiled as she asked Ji Yan, "Did you tell Tang Tang that I was coming? Is that why there are so many dishes prepared?"

Ji Yan took a glance at Tang Tang before replying, "Tang Tang always cook plentiful. Let's eat."

Following his words, Gu Yan Ran ate some food and suddenly said ruefully, "Seems like I should learn how to cook, otherwise, what should I do if my future husband doesn't like me because I can't cook, ah?"

Immersing herself to eating, Tang Tang didn't reply, so Ji Yan had to respond, "Everyone specialises in different things. You spend a lot of effort in medicine, so, naturally, you won't be as good at other things."

Gu Yan Ran nodded in agreement, "That's true. Thinking about it, women have to give up on their career to become a full-time housewife, who supports her husband and teaches the children. The life of a woman without a career is not meaningful. It's a hard choice to make."

Tang Tang secretly rolled her eyes as she scooped some rice to her mouth. Gu Yan Ran was obviously saying those words for her to hear. Isn't Gu Yan Ran saying that there is no meaning in her life being a housewife! That woman was really amazing, ah. Going into someone else's territory to mock them, so annoying!

Ji Yan didn't really agree with those words. He was afraid that Tang Tang would think too much and said, "Actually, staying at home to teach the children and support the husband is not easier than working. Sacrificing for the family is also meaningful."

When Tang Tang heard Ji Yan's words, she became happy in her mind and wanted to smile, but Gu Yan Ran's reply made her unable to, "You're right. Being a housewife is hard; they need to sacrifice their career, friendship, and even beauty. Not everyone can accomplish that sort of sacrifice. For example, I wouldn't dare to. I'm afraid that I would get called an old woman by those bored senseless people in society. People like Tang Tang are truly admirable, ah!"

Even Tang Tang, with her usually naive personality, wanted to cough blood at those words. Gu Yan Ran might be praising her on the surface, but she was actually saying that Tang Tang had no career, no friends, and no beauty, that she was an old hag.

You're the old hag!

Ah, ah, ah, that person was too hateful. If she could, Tang Tang really didn't want that person to stay, but she didn't have a reason to kick her out either.

Restraining herself, Tang Tang suffered through the tasteless meal. But who knew that after washing the dishes in the kitchen, the scene she saw when she came out made her choke.

Gu Yan Ran and Ji Yan were sitting on the sofa with Ji Xiao Zhuo in the middle. Gu Yan Ran was coming up with questions for Ji Xiao Zhuo, "Listen clearly, Xiao Zhuo, what is 88 x 67?"

Ji Xiao Zhuo didn't even have to think about it and gave the answer directly, "5896!"

"Oh my, very good. I need to increase the difficulty."

Ji Xiao Zhuo wasn't nervous as he calmly waited for the question. He looked very confident.

"Ok, listen, what is 123 x 134?"

Once again, Ji Xiao Zhuo thought for a second and answered, "16482!"

Gu Yan Ran kissed Ji Xiao Zhuo's forehead in reward, "Darling, you're so smart. Seems like your daddy has passed on his intelligence well to you. Back in the days, your daddy could do multiplying mental arithmetic up to five figures in junior high school and eight figures and up in university. He was so amazing! It seems like our Xiao Zhuo won't be worse than your daddy, ah."