Chapter 45

Gu Zhang An never imagined his own little sister to have romantic feelings for his good friend all this time. Previously, Ji Yue had mentioned it multiple times to him but he always thought that Ji Yue must be thinking too much into it. Who knew Ji Yue was actually right.

"Gu Yan Ran, Ji Yan is a married man. He isn't someone you can like. End those thoughts! You can only think of Ji Yan as a big brother!" If Ji Yan was not married, he could have accepted it but Ji Yan currently had a wife and a child. No matter what, Gu Yan Ran had to end those feelings she had.

Gu Yan Ran clenched her fists and her eyes turned red as she said, "Based on what reason? I have loved Ji Yan for many years ever since I was young. Tang Tang is the third party. If it wasn't for her, Ji Yan would have been mine!"

Gu Zhang An got angry, "What nonsense are you saying? Even if there wasn't Tang Tang, Ji Yan wouldn't like you. He thinks of you as his little sister."

"You're lying! It was obvious grandpa Ji wanted to connect with our Gu family through marriage. Ji Yan agreed, that means he has feelings for me."

Gu Zhang An almost laughed in anger by her delusion, "Gu Yan Ran, it's true grandpa Ji wanted to connect the two families through marriage but our family has many girls at the appropriate age. It was never said that you were chosen. You must have gone crazy after thinking of marrying Ji Yan so much!"

"Big brother, who is the most outstanding girl in our generation? Me, it's me, I'm the most outstanding. Also, our father is the head of the Gu family. Naturally, grandpa Ji would pick someone who is the most outstanding and can help Ji Yan, so I am the only one who is most suited for Ji Yan! Grandpa Ji would surely choose the best than someone worse, right?

"You!" Gu Zhang An really didn't know if she was too confident or too conceited, "Yes, I admit based on ability, education, and career, you are the most outstanding. But based on personality, you're not the best match for Ji Yan. Grandpa Ji is always looking for a gentle granddaughter-in-law who can take care of Ji Yan. A considerate wife to love him. Grandpa Ji has never even considered you."

Gu Yan Ran didn't believe him, "That's not true. Brother, you're lying to me!"

Seeing that she didn't believe his words, Gu Zhang An had no choice but break her delusion, "Then I shall tell you clearly, the person grandpa Ji wanted as his granddaughter-in-law is third uncle's daughter, Yi Yi, he never considered you from the beginning!"

Immediately, Gu Yan Ran froze for a moment before shaking her head in denial, "No, that's not true. Gu Yi Yi is only an ordinary nursery teacher. Her education, appearance, and income are way worse than mine. She doesn't even dare to speak out loud in general. How can grandpa Ji think she is suitable?"

"Because grandpa Ji cares for Ji Yan. He doesn't look at education, appearance, and income. It's the personality that he is looking at. Yi Yi has a good personality. She's patient, gentle, considerate, and she likes children. She is much more suitable for Ji Yan than you are in every area. What's wrong with grandpa Ji choosing her? On the contrary, you have an arrogant personality, strong, and overbearing. You and Ji Yan are not suitable at all. Ji Yan never had any other feelings for you either."

Gu Yan Ran carried on clenching her fists tightly. She muttered as if she was trying to hypnosis herself, "It's not like that. Ji Yan has feelings for me ..."

Gu Zhang An couldn't bear to go overboard and said, "Anyway it's impossible for you and Ji Yan, it's better if you end your feelings as soon as possible. Otherwise, if our parents find out you attempted to destroy someone's marriage, what do you think will happen? You should think things through."