Chapter 26

Envy's POV:

I couldn't resist it. I had to come for him. No matter he misses me as much as I do him.
I need to be near him. I need to explain everything. To hear him.

That's how I found myself at his old front doorstep.

I'm invited in with ease by him. Almost as if he's too shocked to process my arrival. Into the empty hallway. Everyone else must have gone to bed.

"Ed" I sigh, staring into his eyes.
For a moment, I lose my surroundings. This moment is all I've desired for quite a while.

"Envy" He breathes back, our eyes both wide open.

We take a moment of silence until I begin to speak.

"Ed- I'm so sorry. So sorry. I should have told you earlier-" At this point, I'm speaking between sobs. "I understand if you don't want to see me again-"

He cuts me off right away.
With a kiss.
An unexpected kiss that lasted longer than it should have.
Nonetheless, enjoyable.

"Envy" He begins, before I can get a word out.
"I love you. I can't stress that enough. I need you with me. Although what you did was shitty, it couldn't ruin us."

I'm obviously moved, unable to get a word out. Ed is the only person I've ever expressed these deeper feelings to.

"I- I love you, Ed. More than anything in this world. It hurt like damn hell to be away from you."

He made a face that indicates he felt the same.

"I'm sorry I left... truth is, I was scared. I didn't know how you would react. I ran from my problems without looking at the bigger picture."

We hug. Tight. It lasts for quite a while, too.
At least until I notice Winry at the top of the stairs.
She looks weary of me. Rightfully, I presume.
The fact that I'm non-human probably doesn't help.

"H-hi, Envy." She says once near the bottom of the stairs.
Ed has probably told her everything, hence her reaction to my arrival.

"Hey, Winry."

Ed proceeds to stand uncomfortably.
It's a tense moment until Winry announces her departure to bed.

Edward and I talk for a long time in the sitting room. From old memories up to the past week.
We eventually get to the topic of our status. Fortunately, it's agreed upon that we resume our relationship. And that we'll head back to the City tomorrow. Exciting.

We make our way upstairs to the room, and continue talking about some obscure shit.

"At the end of the day, that death was saddening yet understood. You were raised to kill. You can't help it. It may still be upsetting, but I love you." Ed tells me, on a serious note.

He always knows exactly what to say to make me feel better. Whether this settles my nerves or heightens them, I don't know.

After all these widely tossed emotions today, I feel fulfilled. Ed may present toughly, but he's legitimately my emotional support. And I hope to be his, as soon as I further my understanding in positive emotion.

I'm exhausted, as is Ed. We need rest.

Today went better than I could have ever imagined. I full-heartedly expected us to split. I had no idea how he was feeling. Which is another example of my lack of emotion skills.

I don't want to fuck up like that again.