Chapter 14

Envy's POV:

At first, I was nervous to meet Al and Winry. I've killed on multiple occasions with their presence. Luckily, they don't know I'm responsible for the Hughes murder. Nor will they ever find out.

Lately, I've been feeling this hidden guilt. It seems as if it's following me, something I need to let go of.
I am not about to let a human emotion take me over, however. It's bad enough that I have to deal with jealousy. Or should I say envy?
Speaking of which, Winry has been giving me sideways glares. I think she feels jealousy toward me. I know the emotion all too well. I think she's in love with Ed. I would not normally have the capability to feel bad, but since I've been with Ed, I've actually developed a wider range of feelings. I'm not about to complain, since I'm able to see the world from a new view.

If myself from 2 months ago saw me now, I'd be disgusted. I'm not going to deny that I used to be a horrible monster. I'm still a monster, remove the horrible.

Dinner does happen to go smoothly. Ed did well on this dinner. All is fine.
Once Al and Winry leave, Ed hits me with surprising news.

"Envy, I hate to tell you this but... I'm heading back tomorrow. Duty calls..." He scratches his head awkwardly.
I'm sad to hear this, but we both knew it was coming.

"I know! I'll just follow you. Father would be fine with it, of course. Considering I'm supposed to kill you." I exclaim.

"True... but in East station I'm under much tighter security... hmm... I think it could actually work. Your shape-shifting doesn't exist for nothing!" He jokingly winks at me, and I kiss him. I literally cannot help it. He's too perfect.

"I know how we could be together... it's gonna be tough, but I'd do whatever it takes to stay with you..." I instinctively pull myself closer to him. We're in an alley, nobody around. We take our time to enjoy each other's company. Nice and alone. Or so we thought.

"Fullmetal! Idiot! Glad you both could make it!"
Lust. Of course.
"The fuck are you doing here? What I do away from home is none of your business."
All she does is laugh, the bastard.
"I wanted to see how you two are doing..." She notices my hand around Ed's neck, and perks up.
"Ooh! Getting intimate, are we!" She smirks.
"Do you want something? Or are you gonna leave?" I muster.
I'm not sure how much I can take before a meltdown.

"Fine. I thought your... erm... boyfriend would like to know about my interactions with his friend, Winry. I'm sure you've told him all about our deal." She looks at me, realizing how Ed will react.
All Ed does is recoil in surprise.
"She what." he looks at me.
"I must've forgotten... uh. We have a deal, you see. I can freely be with you, and she can indirectly flirt with your friends. Aka, Winry." I meekly explain.
"Winry...what." he tries to process.
"Ed, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wanted to be with you, and I-"
"It's okay, Env. I wanna be with you. Besides, Winry could use some action" He laughs.

Lust looks especially confused as to what Ed's reaction was. She probably wanted us to break up. And knowing her, it would be for no reason.

_

The next morning, they pack their bags and head to the station.
It took Ed one hour to realize that I'm actually the "bald man" sitting next to him.
Winry and Al are in the same compartment, and laugh alongside Ed.
"You shitty shapeshifter- I almost passed out there you know!" He laughs.

The only reason he noticed me is because I started stretching my arm far beyond an average length.
The only thing I have worries about are the other homunculi. Pride specifically. He's the sneakiest of us 7. If Pride finds out, my philosophers stone is as good as gone.

Once at the station, we're forced to separate. Ed and Al are under tight supervision, just as he said. I'd have to get clever with my disguises in order to see Ed.

_

A few days later, we meet.
"Nice to see you again, Alchemist." I look up, and he's smiling.
"You as well, regular human being." He winks.
He grabs my hand and leads me out of public into yet another alley.
"Okay, cut the formal shit. Where are we going today?" I ask.
"I thought today we'd go to the beach? Maybe just talk..." He tells me.
I squirm. I hate talking about myself. Mainly because I'm the hugest damn monster you've ever seen except he doesn't even understand himself.
"Fine" I agree reluctantly. I guess we haven't spoken in a while; talking could help.

It's brisk outside. Sort of that mid-fall feeling.
"You realize it's way to cold to swim... right?" I asked, questioning his sanity.
He laughs.
"I used to come here all the time when I was little. My mom loved it here."
"Oh..." Is all I can say. I never know how to react to his feelings. It sucks considering I relate to him on a way personal level.

"I- I'm sorry, Edward. I suck at expressing myself and giving reactions. I want to get better but-"

He lets out an almost-giggle.
"I feel you. It took a while for me to get around that, myself. Just speak your mind."

"Okay... I guess I, er-" how do I say this.

"I just feel like I've been expressing more emotions than I ever have this month than ever before in my life. I don't know how to comprehend it because I'm so overwhelmed. I know for a fact that I love you, and I would hate to ruin anything between us. I've never had a relationship ever and I'm probably gonna fuck it up and uh-" I didn't mean to say that much.
He looks pretty much speechless. Understandable.

"You... love me" he smiles.
Shit, that was not meant to be said. It's true, nonetheless.
He's now a shade of bright pink I've never seen on him. I take advantage of this silence.

"It's just that, we've been together for quite a while, and I feel the same emotions and love the same things as you. I'm sorry."

"I love you, too Env." He whispers.