Chapter 17

Envy's POV:

So... it's official. Ed and I are going be living together. Except for when I occasionally leave for central.
There's just one problem: How can I do this without the other homunculi finding out?
I'm not even going to risk telling Greed, for the sake of our safety.

Today, Ed moves his belongings to the apartment. I've been here for the past few hours, waiting for him.

"Hey Envy" Ed says as he walks inside.

"Heyyy. I've been waiting for you." I tell him.

"Oh, sorry about that. Listen, I was thinking. Maybe I should quit working with the military. What I really want to do is be with you."

He looks dead serious.

"Maybe I wouldn't quit. I could work shorter hours, or go on leave. The point is, I miss seeing you all the time." He continues.

I 100% agree with him, but part of me thinks he's making an irresponsible decision.

"Eddie, you can't just leave your job. We need something in order to keep this apartment. Besides, you love your job as is." I explain.

"I knew you'd say that. What you don't realize is, I'm practically loaded. Al and I inherited most of our mother's fortune. Aaand, we can just work together on whatever you need."

Classic Ed. Bragging about literally anything.

"I'm not bragging, by the way." He says.

"...Of course." I reply with a smirk. "Actually, I do like the sound of this. Have you talked to Al about it yet?"

"Yes. He was reluctant, but knows this is what I want."

"Well then, good sir. It appears I'm free all afternoon. Any ideas?" I smile.

"How's a walk sound?"

"Marvellous."

My life couldn't be any better. I have an amazing boyfriend whom I love. Honestly, the only direction my life could go is down.
Hopefully not anytime soon.

"Hey, when do you think you'd be comfortable telling your other friends about us?" I ask.

He pauses to think.
"I've been thinking that for a while... I'm not sure how they would take it. And not just because of you, Envy."

"I guess that's rational. But we've been together for more than three months, they should know at some point along the line." I tell him.
It's true and he knows it.

"Envy please don't pressure me like this. I know you're trying to be helpful but- What if I wanted you to tell your siblings? It's just not that simple."

"That's not a very equal analogy. My siblings would kill me. Mustang and Hawkeye would just be confused." I state.

I made a valid point, and he's too frustrated to respond.

"I'm sorry, Ed. I just felt that you would want to let them know. I know you hate dishonesty."

"I guess. I'd just prefer our relationship being as secret as possible. For the safety of you, of course."

At this point, we reach Ed's favourite tea shop. We quickly order the same thing. It's getting dark, so we agree to head home.

Our first night living together. Sort of exciting.
Ed just called East station to inform them of his decision. We agreed that he'd work less times a week, with shorter hours. They've already deducted his formal paycheck.

Part of me wants him to leave his job, but I know he really loves working there. Military position makes him feel more in control.

For breakfast, all we have in the kitchen is bread, so that's what I head for.
"Dammit, Ed. You left your shit everywhere."
I say, trying to move through the boxes he brought yesterday.

"Mmmnnph" He calls, half awake.

"Ed, WHERE'S THE FUCKING TOASTER" I yell to him.

"We don't have one!" He calls. Shit.

About an hour later, Ed crawls out of bed and we start unpacking his stuff.

"Where did this stuff even come from?" I ask.

"I just like having things that remind me of when my family was together." He shrugs.
"Tell anyone and I'll stab you with this damn knife."

Figures.
"Come on. You know a stab wouldn't leave a scratch on me. A burn, though, is another story." I laugh.

"Really? He says, pulling me toward the oven.

"BITCH I'M NOT FALLING FOR THIS" I instinctively yell.

He steps back and laughs.
"Don't be such an ass. I'm not gonna hurt you Env."