Chapter 8

Edward's POV:

We leave the basement of Central Station, and get out as soon as possible.
Wow. That was unexpected. What even happened, and why am I not telling anyone what happened.

We find a good nearby hotel to stay at. I share a room with Al. I'm sure he can tell I'm troubled, but there's nothing I can tell him to make it better. That interaction with Envy. It's so unlike Envy to pull something like this. What would Father say to him? Not that I'm worrying-

At this exact moment, there's a knock on the door. I assume it's the Colonel, so I shout
"Come on in!"
The door opens. To my surprise, it's Winry.

"Winry? What the hell are you doing in Central? You know we work for the Military. You can't come visit us whenever you please."

She walks in anyway.

"Listen, Ed. Al and I were talking. We think you need to learn how to express your feelings to us. Especially with all this Military anxiety. Al called me a few hours ago. We think it would be best if you just said everything you're feeling. Like Therapy." She announces.

I turn to Al.
"You dumbass. WHY. I'M PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY I AM."

"Brother, it's true and you know it. Stop overreacting."

I'll admit, I'm being silly. But I am not going to talk about my feelings with Winry and Al.

Winry starts to get comfortable, and notions us all to the table in the middle of the room.

"Okay, Ed. I know you hate this, but it's necessary to personal and mental growth. If you bottle up your feelings, or tell lies, it affects you negatively. Tell us something we don't already know."

It's almost like she knows what happened.
I can't stand Al and Winry being in the dark like this. They have a right to know. I tell them everything, and I request to not tell ANYONE else. I'm not sure why I'm being so protective of it, but I'd hate to have Envy exposed like this.

Al seems the most surprised. I don't blame him. It's all so weird.

"That does not sound like Envy. If what you're saying is true, he must be struggling with something beyond the fact of killing you." Al states.

Winry still seems to be lost in her thoughts. Eventually, she speaks up.

"Listen, I know Envy the least out of you, so it's uncertain. If he's not usually one to stop himself from killing, I'd say he cares about Ed. At least a little bit?"

I'd considered this fact earlier, but had denied it. Could it really be real?

"Winry- Envy isn't really, uh, the type to feel things? He despises all emotion entirely."
I try to explain.

"Listen, both of you. I know psychology. More than you two, anyway. He might even have a crush on you, considering it's this unusual."

I look down at the dusty brown table below me. Winry doesn't know anything. What is her problem.

"Ed, you're hiding your feelings right now. Just speak your mind." She tells me.

"Fine. You make no fucking sense. I don't understand why this is happening, but it is. Tell me what Envy's goal is. If you came down here to talk to me, say something useful. At least tell me why I care about Envy the way he cares about me."

Shit. I didn't mean to say that last part. I don't even think it's true, I was just-

Al and Winry stare at me. I just keep looking down. What did I do to deserve this.

"Brother, is that true?" Al asks.

Winry is on the verge of tears. I feel bad for speaking to her that way but I simply can't say sorry.

"Ed" She sniffles. "Thank you for speaking. Now, when you say you care about him..."

She starts to look a little... jealous? It's not like I truly care about Envy anyway-

"I shouldn't have said that. I wasn't even thinking." I confirm.

"That's fine. Do you mean it or not?" She asks.

Im honestly astounded by the fact that she'd even question it. Of course not. Why would I care about him at all? He's tried to kill me at least 3 times.

I look up at them. "Yeah. I think I mean it."

At this point, I need a break. I go downstairs and go for a walk. Yeah, it's raining and dark out but I don't have the energy to care.

Emotions suck.