Chapter 13

Edward's POV:

It's been two days since I last saw Envy. I was almost starting to think it was only a two-time thing.
I was wrong, of course. I was running errands for Mustang when he came across me. We found each other quite often. I'm certain he's been stalking me.
"Funny seeing you here, Alchemist." He would say. We walk together, or eat lunch. Not anything unusual. I do notice, however, that he constantly checks his surroundings. One time, I was convinced he actually saw someone.

We've been meeting up once in a while for the past two weeks. We're almost at the point where we'd run out of things to talk about.
Our "relationship" (or whatever you'd call it) is going well. Al is definitely becoming suspicious of me, which isn't great. I've met with Winry twice since she first came to Central, and she's suspicious as well.
I'm sure they believe it's something far more dangerous or life-threatening than having a romantic relationship with an "enemy."

I'm starting to find it fit to tell Al and Winry about this. I've known them my whole life, of course. It seems unethical to hide something this irrelevant.

"Hey, Envy. I think I'm ready to tell Al and Winry about our...relationship" I say.
We're on our third "official" date. This time, a Xingese restaurant.
"That's totally fine, Eddie. They are your best friends, after all." He replies with a smile.
"Oh yeah, Env. Have I told you how adorably cute you are?" I ask him.
I say this shit just to annoy him. He loves to try and act as manly as possible.
He stares at me with a 'are you really gonna do this in public?' face.
"Ed, stop it." Believe it or not, he looks to be blushing. "Seriously, though. I'm a literal fucking monster beneath my human body." He says between smirks.
I laugh at him. One thing I really like about Envy is his humor. He loves to be sarcastic.
I consider what he just said. Does he actually believe that? Sometimes I wonder if it's more than joking. Whether he's actually insecure behind this human face.

"So, Envy. Where shall we meet again?" I grin.
He smiles.
"Why don't you decide this time?" he asks.
"I guess you'll have to meet me at the intersection of Willow and Socal street on Tuesday to find out..." I wink jokingly.
"It appears that way" he responds, smirking.

Envy walks me back to the hotel, and we say goodbye. It's too risky to kiss here, but he does it anyway.
"Bye, Envy. I'll see you at 5:00 on Tuesday."
He waves goodbye and I walk into the building.

I see Colonel Mustang and a few other officers in the lobby.
"Fullmetal. Just the guy I was looking for." He begins. "As of Wednesday, we head back to East station. The homunculi haven't made their move in over a week. This is a dead end case."
I just want to sleep.
"That sounds good, Colonel. If you don't mind, I'm off to get some rest."
"Of course. I just thought I'd let you know, since you seem considerably happier here."
"Oh- well yeah thanks for letting me know."

Is that true? I mean, yes I'm happier, but am I making it that obvious?
I head up to my room with my plans to tell Al everything.

I open up the door, only to find Al and Winry at the table. Convenient.
"Hey, Ed. Come sit with us!" Winry asks.
I sit down, just as she asks.
"What have you been up to, brother?"
This is my moment.
"Well guys, there actually is something I've been hiding."
They look surprised, but intrigued
"So... er... recently I've concluded the fact that I am- bisexual."
They look taken aback. I don't blame them. It's not like I ever open up my feelings to them.
I speak up before they say anything.
"Also, for these past two weeks, I've been dating... Envy."
They look even more astounded. I'm starting to doubt whether they were ready for this information.
"Wow, brother. That's really nice of you to tell us. But Envy of all people? Are you sure!"
Al exclaims.
"I promise, Envy's grown a lot since you last saw him." I reassure. "I understand why you'd question this, but it's the truth."
Winry's been awfully quiet.
"Woah, Ed. I'm proud of you. This is a big change in your life. I hope you're finding happiness." She kindles.
I blush a little.
"Jeez, no need for all this corny shit. I'm just telling you what I thought you should know."
I say to them.

Suddenly, Winry stands up and hugs me.
"These sessions must be doing something for you. You're being more honest with us. That's a sign of positive character development." She smiles.
"Th-thanks Winry. That means a lot coming from you."
We both blush.
"Envy, huh? I never would have considered that guy. How did you even get together? And isn't he a murderer-" She trails off.
"Well it's a long story. Since you've last heard from Envy, he's restricted himself from killing. The only reason he kills is to keep his Master happy, which basically keeps him alive."
She nods.
"It's probably time for me to leave. Thanks for being so honest, Ed. Bye guys!" Winry waves at us, then leaves.

Al looks at me. Though he can't express emotions physically, I can tell he's smiling.

_

In the morning, we head down to the diner for breakfast. Last night was so busy I forgot to tell Al the news.
"Hey guess what, Al. Colonel said we're finally going back to East city on Wednesday. That's good, right?" I tell him.
He turns to me.
"Finally! I haven't seen Mei in so long. I wonder how she's doing..." He exclaims. He then lowers his voice.
"What about Envy? Doesn't he live here in central?" Considering Mustang is on the other end of the room, it must be said quietly.
"I never considered that..." I trail off. I'm sure he'll find a way to see me over the next few weeks.

The rest of the day goes normally. We take shifts patrolling the area outside Central station. I'm not exactly sure why we do it. It's not like we ever find anything, anyway.

Finally, Tuesday rolls around. I get to see Envy!
Tonight I've made some extra special arrangements. It's gonna be fun.

"Hey Ed. Sorry I'm a few minutes late. Where are we going?" He asks.
"Listen, Hawkeye was telling me about this Drachman restaurant nearby. It'd be perfect."
He smiles at me. I find it so satisfying when I make him happy.

When we get to the restaurant, Al and Winry are already sitting down. That was all part of my plan. Envy needs to get to know them, since they're so important to me.

Envy almost instantly flinches.
"Did you bring them here? I've told you, I'm not great with new people-" He begins.
"It'll be fine." I assure him. "They really wanted to get to know you."
I look into Envy's bright eyes.
"Fine. I'll be nice to them." He eventually agrees.
I laugh. "Envy, you really should be nice to everyone. It wouldn't kill you."
He looks at me, as if I'm the crazy one.
"Let's just go in." He says.
Needless to say, we had a good night. Al seemed unsure at first, but realized Envy is actually pretty cool. Winry felt pretty neutral.

She's happy for me, to say the least.