Chapter 6

Edward's POV:

What the hell just happened. I didn't even have the chance to comprehend it; it happened so fast.

Something must be wrong with Envy. Not that I'm mad, because he spared my life, it's just unusual. Was this all one set-up?
Not to give thanks to Envy, but I could have died.

What do I do now? I contemplate my options. Both of which, I could end up dead.
Better be safe than sorry. We need to get out of here. First, however, we need to find Al. If Envy was telling the truth, we don't have much time to spare.

As everyone starts to come to, we make our way to where we started. It's in everyone's best interest we leave the other men behind. They weren't much help against Envy.
Now, Hawkeye, Alex and I follow the path Al took.
This hallway gives me an even more eerie vibe. Oh, Al. Why did we have to separate.

"If we compare this hallway to the other one, we should reach an end soon" Hawkeye informs us. She's right. This ending is way larger than the other. It appears to be some form of living quarters.

"Which door should we take?" I question.

Alex looks around. He appears to be studying each entrance for a sign of differentiation.
"This door. Right here" he tells us. We don't even question it. We cautiously walk through, ready for yet another sneak attack.
Nothing happens. We walk further through this hallway, which happens to be filled with the same pipes from earlier.

At the end of this hallway, we find a door. It's not like any other door. It's about 20 feet tall with indistinguishable inscriptions on the exterior. I almost feel familiar toward it.

"They're behind here" I say with so much certainty. I can just feel it.

Alex takes the honours of opening the door ever-so slightly. I take a glimpse. All I could see was a figure sitting highly on a chair. And Al. Well, technically, Al's armour.
I can't just sit here. I burst open the doors. Alex had tried to hold me back, but failed.

"Al-"
The whole team is held hostage. Minus Lan and Fu... where could they be?

"WHAT IS HAPPENING" I demand.
I look to the others in the room. All the homunculi (without Wrath or Envy) are gathered. They look unsettling.
"Father" must be near.

Sure enough, when I look up, he's on a throne. It's always strange to have encounters with him. Especially for me, considering he's physically identical to my very own Father.

Everyone turns to me, almost startled that I'm alive. Then I realize. Envy was telling the truth. I was supposed to be dead.

"Brother!" Al calls. "They were saying you died- that they... got to you"
All I can muster is a smirk.

Lust speaks up.
"What? Did you simply beat Envy? WHERE is that BASTARD!"

I don't say anything. I wouldn't do that to Envy. Especially after he saved me.
WHAT AM I SAYING.
Especially after? I would NOT stick to him under any other circumstances. Would I?

"Envy left me out cold." I lied. "He must've thought I was dead..."

They seemed to buy it.

"Envy... you little IDIOT. How could anyone do THIS BAD" Lust rants.

"Now, now. We don't know if this fullmetal bastard is telling the truth" Greed calms.

Dammit.

"Silence, all. We need to figure out what to do with all these hostages..." Father demands.
"May I have a mid-day snack, master?" Gluttony says, innocent as possible.
"We'll have to wait." He responds.

At this exact moment of distraction, Father and the Homunculi are suddenly blinded from behind. It gives us just enough time to untie everyone.
Lan and Fu.
We all realize, it's our best choice to escape rather than fight. Us, including Lan and Fu escape out the main door. From there, Al and I create a staircase leading all the way toward the surface.

We've escaped, but this visit only rises more questions.