Chapter 8: Careless

"Don't be so frightened. Let's chat a bit."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Feels like he's having some trouble switching back. Still, though, it's only a matter of time."

Sukuna had carefully placed his unconscious wife onto a tree and made sure she laid there comfortably before proceeding to rip off Yuuji's uniform- out of habit to free up his second pair of arms that he no longer has.

"So, I thought about what I can do right now," the red-eyed curse lifted up his arm and pointed his sharp fingernails towards his chest as Megumi's breath hitched at the action. But it was not a second later that Sukuna had plunged his hand and grabbed at his host's own heart.

"W-What are you..." The dark-haired teen stammered as his gaze focused on the blood pooling out of the wound. Sukuna had pulled the beating organ out of place and Megumi's panic had increased tenfold.

"I'm taking this brat hostage," the pinkette grinned and held up the severed heart as if it was a trophy.

"Hostage?!"

"Yeah, I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat," Sukuna stated and casually threw Yuuji's heart on the ground like it was nothing, "Switching out with me means he dies. Also, for good measure..."

He brought up his left hand to reveal his finger that was consumed by the special-grade curse and ate it, "With that, I'm free as a bird. You can be frightened now...

I'll kill you!"

Megumi's features suddenly became stoic and he looked downwards before it was replaced by a look of determination.

"What about (l/n)-sensei?! Don't you care for her?!" The ravenette exclaimed, hoping he could somehow convince the King of Curses to restore Yuuji's heart.

"You heard from the brat," Sukuna leaned back with a grin and placed his hands in his pants' pockets, "I honestly don't give a damn what happens to you brats nor your stupid excuse of jujutsu society. That being said, I only hold back because of the princess over there to stop me, but now that she's on the verge of dying, I'm in a bit of a rush to find the damn sorcerer who thought they could get away with this. So if you're in the way, I won't hesitate to kill you either."

"But wouldn't she be upset that you killed one of her students?! Are you really sure that this is what she would've wanted?!" Megumi shouted and clenched his hands.

"The brat is getting in the way with my original plans of being reincarnated, plus he would've stopped me before I got the chance to kill whoever was behind this," Sukuna frowned and gave a half-lidded stare- getting angrier and impatient that he isn't able to head out yet, "And I think I could survive a day or two of the princess being upset for the sake of revenge."

Megumi glared and brought his hands up in a defensive position, "Then I'll just make you return that body!"

"I'm finally outside, after all," Sukuna casually stretched and brought his hands behind his head as the teenaged sorcerer rushed at him.

"Let's use the open space."

"How... did I end up here?"

When (y/n) thought she woke up again, she was expecting to see an exorcised curse, her abnormally pink-haired lover, and her students safe and sound- but no, she was contained in a white void and faced the goddess of the sun, Amaterasu.