Chapter 11: Fix You

"Goodnight Sukuna. I love you."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Long story short, I may or may not have overslept."

The (h/c)-haired female bashfully rubbed the back of her neck with an apologetic smile at Yuuji and Ijichi. They were supposed to meet up at the front of the school an hour ago, but they assumed she was probably at the mission site already and headed on over. The reason being, (y/n) had promised she would scout earlier than promised the day before.

But here they were, trying to spot their mission target since the Queen of Curses didn't do so beforehand. It didn't matter too much either way, but it still bothered her how she of all people overslept considering she was a curse.

"Anyways, what's the plan?" The (h/c)-nette asked as Ijichi drove the two around the rather desolate streets.

"Well-" the black-haired male began until his eyes widened at the sight. Yuuji and (y/n) looked forward to find their mission target walking ahead of their car, "Wait. There he is."

"Huh? Casual clothes?" Yuuji questioned at the boy's appearance.

"It looks like he hasn't attended school for some time."

"The same could be said for me, though..." the pinkette stated, "So are the others doing well?"

"I hear they're doing quite well," Ijichi sweat-dropped at his own statement.

"That's good to hear," (y/n) commented as both her and Yuuji smiled in relief, "Anyways, the plan?"

"We use that," Ijichi directed his eyes to the two, small curses in the cage.

"Huh? Is that a cursed spirit?" The teenaged sorcerer asked in puzzlement.

"It's a fly head. A low-level curse that doesn't even qualify as grade 4."

"Ah, so we're using these guys as bait," (y/n) said mostly to herself but Yuuji shifted his attention to listen, "I'm assuming we're using these guys to test the boy if he can see curses or not, then we decide from there our course of action."

"Correct."

"Wahh, you're really good at this, (l/n)-sensei!"

"Well, I don't see any other way we can go about this..." (y/n) trailed off in a sheepish manner.

"Well, we have to let these curses attack him."

"EH?!" (Y/n) and Yuuji shouted in disbelief as Ijichi sighed.

"One: if he's a normal person who can't perceive curses, please save him. Two: if he can perceive it but has no means to deal with it, likewise, please save him. Then we'll question him about the day of the incident. Three: if he exorcises the fly head with jujutsu..." The black-haired assistant pushed up his glasses, "We immediately restrain him."

"By force?" Yuuji and (y/n) asked simultaneously.

"By force," he responded, "If it's a misunderstanding, that's fine. We'll apologize after the fact. However... Four: if Yoshino Junpei posses potential equal to or greater than a grade 2 sorcerer, we retreat and meet back up with Nanami-san."

"Eh? Why can't we have (l/n)-sensei deal with him?"

"I don't think it's best for me to do that in this situation," (y/n) stated as Yuuji tilted his head, "Mainly because our main focus right now is to simply gain information, but if he starts a fight in public, we can't let that scare the general population so it's best to have the plan revised where it would be more secluded."