10 | Gossip | Angel's POV

It's not that I don't like Drago. I do. He's a hot stud muffin. He makes all my gears purr in pleasure.

And he seems like a nice guy. At least that much I could tell from the little time we spent together.

But do I want to date him? No.

Do I want to be the talk of the school? No.

Do I want to have his friends breathing down my neck? No. Especially Kasim. Or even worse, Goran. Absolutely no. And if we date openly this is what will happen.

Do I want to keep him a secret? Again no. And this is where I don't get myself. I want to hold hands and kiss freely my chosen partner but not the gossip that would go along with it. I don't feel like explaining my relationship to every noisy little girl at school. Maybe if he wasn't that popular it would be different. But he is. And I HATE the attention that would go along with dating him.

He's the full package but I hate talking with people more. Especially when they have their noses all in my personal business. Which is exactly what is happening right now. We only had coffee together and Victoria is already questioning what we were talking about or what we were doing there. See, THAT's why I don't hang out with her! She's almost as bad as Yana!

"What did you talk about? Since when are you friends?" She keeps up with the onslaught of questions without taking a breath. I'm surprised she even managed to wait till lunch period before cornering me in the hallway.

Lazar smiles apologetically next to her, preventing my means of escape.

"Back off, woman!" I try to stay calm but my wide brown eyes betray how horrified I really am of this girl. Her giddiness attracts attention. The wrong kind of attention. If there is even a right kind at this moment.

I see Olga and Yana glancing our way. Not Yana! Anyone but Yana!

I could really use some invisibility superpowers right about now. Maybe if I keep silent for long enough I could blend in with the background...

"Come on! Spill the tea!" Victoria screams.

"There's no tea to spill!" I shout back.

I feel like a mouse, cornered by two hungry cats. Only Lazar doesn't seem so determined to extract this information out of me. Maybe if I push past him I could run away.

Oh, no! Yana is genuinely curious now. I can see her walking towards me, followed by Olga. It's like everything is happening in slow motion but I'm frozen on my spot, my flight response failing me once again.

"What are you talking about?" Yana asks sweetly.

Victoria turns towards her. "I saw Angel and Drago at the café yesterday but he refuses to tell me what they talked about!" She pouts. She pouts! Like it's any of her bloody business to begin with! "Don't you think it's weird for the two of them to hang out together? Like since when are they even talking to each other?"

"Girls!" I say as calmly as I possibly could given the circumstances. "And Lazar." I turn briefly towards him. "It's none of your bloody business!" I scream at their bloody faces. "Leave! Me! Alone!"

I was right that Lazar was the weak link. I push him lightly and my escape route is as clear as a hall full of curious students.

I ignore the stares and stomp away from the school grounds.

I need french fries. With lots of barbecue sauce. If I didn't have that bloody test next period, I would probably skip school altogether but unfortunately I need the grade.

What was the point in turning down Drago, if everyone would be gawking at me anyway?

I go through the Chemistry questions with much annoyance and little to no patience left. I'm definitely skipping the rest of the day!

~*~

I get home and immediately collapse on my bed.

"Angel, what's wrong?" My sister asks concerned. "Why are you home so early?"

Svetla is wearing her favourite pink robe, her long raven black hair perfectly styled. She always does her hair and make up before getting dressed for work.

"I'm fine," I mutter, knowing fully well she won't believe me.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asks with a hopeful expression.

"No," I breathe out.

"Want me to make you chocolate cupcakes?"

"Yes, please!" I try to smile but it takes too much effort.

"Ok, on it!" She throws me a last sympathetic look and leaves me to my misery.

I play my music and close my eyes. It could've been worse I guess. At least I haven't heard that me and Drago are dating. Yet. So far they only speculate that I'm selling him weed or something. And I don't even smoke that stuff! The bloody morons!

~*~

A/N: Please, let me know if something doesn't make sense. I'm a bit asocial so idk all that much about human relations and what would be considered logical or not in a certain situation.