49 | Perfect Fit | Angel's POV

Two weeks later, I snuggle next to my boyfriend, a round fire pit warming us in the cold December afternoon. I might have never seen snow this year if it wasn't for Drago's grandad. He was the one that offered we spend Christmas together in a luxury rental cabin, situated at the outskirts of a family-friendly ski resort.

Our families went skiing so we have plenty of time to spend in each other's company. We're lounging on the big round sofa, set out around the cast iron fire pit, with mugs of not-so-hot chocolate in our gloved hands.

"I have something for you." Drago abandons his mug on the sofa and takes something out of the pocket of his winter jacket. It's a metal rectangular jewellery box with an engraved message on top: 'Happy Anniversary, Sugar Pie! Lots of Love, Drago xoxo'.

"Happy anniversary!" My boyfriend says as he presents the box to me.

What? Anniversary? Bloody Hell! And I didn't get him anything! Has it been a month already?

Now is the time I admit I haven't bought him anything and he dumps my forgetful ass. I did give him a cashmere sweater but that was for Christmas. What do I do now?

I slowly open the stylish jewellery box, revealing a pair of matching puzzle pendants, most likely silver, each of them carrying a half of the same golden heart. They fit perfectly together! Just like us.

I'm speechless.

"Do you like it?" Drago asks, his voice wavering a little.

"Yes! I love it! Thank you!" I come to my senses and hug my boyfriend.

"But-" I start once I let him go but he interrupts me.

"Is it too soon? I know it's been only a month but still... I thought..."

"Baby, I love it! It's just... I didn't get you anything," I breathe out my crime before he gets even more flustered.

"Oh, it's ok, sugar pie!" He coos, taking my face in his palms. "I have you!"

"I love you!" I exclaim right before our lips meet in a gentle kiss.

"I love you more!" And I don't argue with that, kissing my gorgeous boyfriend again.

What did I do to deserve such a man?

~*~

THE END

~*~

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry if the ending wasn't up to par but this is the first of my projects that I actually get to finish so I don't have much experience in writing happy endings or tying up loose ends.

The last chapter was the hardest. There were so many things I wanted to write but ended up omitting at the end. Hence why it's such a shortie :)

I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

This story went in a totally different direction of what I initially planned. At some point I even considered shipping Drago and Teo together, while Angel stays with Emil.

Do you want a continuation of this story? Maybe have a favourite character that you think deserve their own book?

Please, let me know what you think! And feel free to check out the rest of my work ;)

Have a wonderful day/night!

Sincerely,
Ash