44 | Distraction | Drago's POV

Me:
sry my grandad turns every prty into business meetin
he always makes me talk w/1001 people @each prty

I click 'send', take a sip of my coffee and wait for Angel's reply. Sometimes it takes him an annoyingly long time to respond to my messages. I know he isn't ignoring me on purpose but it's still disheartening. Would it really be that much to expect to be my boyfriend's first priority?

Me:
hows ur day goin?

I take a few more sips of my coffee, eat a cookie and check my phone again. Still nothing.

I highly hope he's in the bathroom right now and isn't purposely ignoring me. I know I didn't pay enough attention to him last night but... once my grandad decides he wants something... I have the feeling he was distracting me with his business associates on purpose. To keep me away from my sugar pie. It's not like I haven't met most of those men already. At every fudging party I have to laugh at their stupid jokes and listen to their ramblings. It was starting to get old.

I sigh and check my phone again. Nope. Nada.

I send him a text anyway.

Me:
any plans after school?

Ok, maybe I should stop messaging him and patiently wait for his response. Keyword: patiently.

I gulp down the rest of my coffee and go to the gym. Some morning exercise will do me good.

I'm doing squats when my phone chimes and I couldn't drop the weights fast enough.

Sugar pie:
Fine, no plans

Me:
wanna hang @my place? 😉😉

I type as sweat is dripping down my forehead.

Sugar pie:
Sure

Me:
cool

I smile like a lunatic, suddenly feeling like everything is right in the world again.

I finish my squats, listening extra carefully about that lovely chime my phone makes every time Angel texts me. Sometimes it feels like I have to pull the words out of his mouth but it's so worth it! I love him so much! I don't know how I used to live without him so far! My life feels complete with him in it.

I do a few bench presses, some bent over rows... Usually I go with 5 sets, 5 reps each, but today I started later than usual so I shorten them to 3 sets instead. After all, I wouldn't want to be late for Literature. If it was any other subject, sure. But not Literature.

I'm about to do lateral raises when I glance at my phone and realise I'm going to be late if I don't end the workout short.

I stretch a little, jump under the shower and dress with the speed of light.

I take a cab to school, seeing Pavel as I exit the car. He looks like someone ran him over. Twice. And then went for a third time.

"Man, what happened?"

Pavel clutches his head as if that will block the noise. I get the hint and keep my mouth shut.

"I... overdid it with the booze yesterday," he almost whispers but I can hear him just fine.

We meet with the rest of the guys and I realise soon enough that me and Goran are the only ones not sporting a hangover. But yet again, Goran wasn't invited at my brother's birthday party.

It's one of the very few mornings our group is being silent. It almost feels like a nerd gathering.

Thankfully, I spot my Angel, blissfully walking towards us and I make sure to meet him halfway, mostly so I don't have to keep my voice down around these morons. They never learned their limit.