23 | Grey Wild Sea | Drago's POV

I like Teo.

I used to find him clingy and annoying, rather tiresome in his aspiration to please and serve, but he grew on me. He won me with his cheerful demeanour, his loyalty and devotion. He was the first of my friends I came out to, even though it was by accident, the first to accept me for who I am instead of who people expect me to be. It might've been because he is bisexual as well but still... he has been nothing but supportive of me.

He was the one that comforted me when I thought Angel was cheating on me, he was the one that I called after the whole ordeal with my father and my secret brother, whose name I still don't know by the way. I really need to ask Ivo how my little brother is named. I should know at least that about him.

Thanks to Teo, now I have a clear view of my sexuality instead of winging between bi and gay, not feeling like any of them fit. Who would've thought that you don't need to like both girls and guys equally in order to consider yourself bisexual?

And thanks to him, I no longer feel alone in the world. Even if Angel leaves me for some other guy, I will always have Teo and his friendship. He makes me feel secure, sheltered. Just his presence alone puts me at ease.

He's my best friend.

I never would've imagined that one day I would have a bestie. Yay me!

When I first introduced myself to Pavel, I thought that he could be my bestie but we never really became that close. There was just something about him that warned me he can't be trusted. And as it turns out, I was right. He couldn't keep a secret for even a day. Pavel and his big mouth!

"Have I ever told you, I'm afraid of heights?" I share with Teo the only fear of mine he's not aware of yet. It's only fair. He knows almost everything else about me.

"Where did that come from?" He looks up at me, his head securely leaning on my shoulder. I don't mind being used as a pillow. It's kinda comforting. Intimate.

"I don't know, I thought you should know. I have the feeling you're my first real friend, you know. Not just someone to hang out with but a person I can actually trust. And that's hard to find." My thoughts drift back to Pavel again. Did my friendship really meant that little to him?

"Thank you! I love you, too!"

Love? That sounds way too much like a confession.

"I mean you're like my best friend."

"Same here, man. Same here." I kiss his forehead before I have the time to process what I'm doing. Is my parental instinct coming to surface? He doesn't seem to mind though so I smile and look back at the grey wild sea. It's so windy I feel chills down my spine. My ears are turning cold and I wish I brought a hat.

When the first drops of rain fall down my forehead, that's a clear sign our cozy little moment is over.

"Lets head home," I utter with a defeated sigh. I don't feel like leaving but if we stay any longer, the both of us will catch a cold.

"Yours or mine?" Teo asks as he lifts his head away from my body.

Yeah, I could sleep over at his place. Why didn't I think of that?

"Yours. If you're having me." I smile but I don't think he notices in the dark.

He stands up, dusting the sand off his butt.

"What time is it?" I ask as I get on my feet.

"2:22." He laughs and I don't know if it's because it's late or because I asked him when the clock showed all twos.