35 | Somewhat Happy | Drago's POV

Bahar is sick today so my Angel gets to sit with me. It's the best day ever!

I observe him try and fail to pronounce the words right in Mrs. Roux's French class. She's regarding him with a patient smile as he twists his tongue over 'des noix écrasées'. He's so cute when he's flustered! — (crushed nuts ;P)

She takes pity on him and moves onto the next victim, her high heels clicking over the hardwood floor as she takes a step towards the poor soul.

Angel sighs in relief and leans his head on my shoulder. He has been doing that quite often lately, seeking my warmth for comfort, and I wouldn't say that I mind.

The final bell rings and we gather our books just as Mrs. Roux shouts our homework over the crowd of noisy, eager to leave the classroom, teenagers.

I steal a peck on his lips before we start moving along with the herd.

"Two more periods and I'm free," Angel breathes out.

"So I guess you'll be too tired to hang out later?" I ask, already knowing the answer. He's always drained after school, postponing our dates for a later time.

"I'll call you on Sunday, I promise." He kisses my cheek.

"Then it's my brother's birthday," I grumble. "But you can come!" I add with excitement. "I'm sure my parents won't mind." And if they do they can go fudge themselves.

"Ugh, ok..." He reluctantly agrees. "I guess I should buy him a present, right?" He says as he bites his lower lip. And here I thought I was the only one doing that when I'm nervous.

"Yeah... And the grown-ups party will be semi-formal. That means a suit and a—" I almost run over one of the nerds as we enter the classroom—"tie." I glare at the book worm and continue towards my seat. "Do you want to sit with me?" I turn back only to see that my Angel didn't follow. He's still at the door, helping the nerd collect his books. I didn't even notice that they slipped from his hands when we bumped shoulders. And what the fudge is he doing? Is he apologising on my behalf? Why would he need to apologise? It was the nerd's fault clogging the doorway!

"Yo! Angel!" I call at him annoyed.

Angel looks at me, smiles to the nerd and starts to walk my way with a scowl on his pretty face.

"What did I do?"

"You could've bloody apologised! It would've taken only a second of your precious time!" My boyfriend glares at me.

"Sorry," I mutter.

"Not to me, you idiot!"

I rub my neck, feeling quite uncomfortable with the way his beautiful brown eyes are shooting daggers at me.

Angel closes his eyes and tilts his chin up, exhaling sharply. "I'm kinda used to you being a jerk," he says to me in a softer tone when he opens his eyes. "I accept that."

"Uhm, I can apologise now?"

"Yes, that would be great!"

"Whipped!" I hear Pavel snicker from our shared seat but I choose to ignore him as I move towards the front row, where the nerds sit. To apologise to a guy I don't even remember the name of. It was his fault! But I don't want my Angel to be pissed at me so some sacrifices need to be made.

I stand in front of the book worm and clear my throat. "Hey, man." What was the kid's name? I think it started with an R? Radko? Rayko?

I know the boy sitting next to him is Alejo but for the life of me I can't recall the name of the kid I bumped into.