Chapter 22

Third Person P. O. V.

"Kuro? "

Kuro turns to look at the Host Club as they all walk in to his room with guilty and sheepish expressions on their faces.

"Hi, guys. I hope you all realize what you did," He said with a dull look on his face.

They all nodded, already having been lectured thoroughly by nurses, doctors, and even other patients and their friends and family(hehe69words). Apparently, everyone is the ward they're in had heard them screaming and yelling at each other.

They were embarrassed by their own behavior and even more guilty about how their arguing affected their friend.

Kyoya, Kaoru, and Hikaru were hit especially hard because they knew how they should be around an ill patient, especially one as sensitive and sick as Kuro.

You are to always speak in a calm manner and be vigilant of how they are responding. Being ill really takes a toll on a person's energy levels.

They couldn't even look him in the eye, they were so ashamed.

"W-w-we're r-really sor-sorry, K-kuro! P-pl-please forgive u-u-us!!" Tamaki and Haruhi said at the same time, having forgotten their argument about the service dog.

"Oh, and what are you sorry for?" He asked cryptically.

Everyone was confused...What did he mean?

"F-for arguing??" Tamaki said hesitantly.

Kuro's face automatically closed off at the answer and turned his head away from them. He brought his knees up to his chest and laid his cheek on them.

"Then you don't realize what you've done after all... *sigh* fine...I'll tell you what you did wrong."

He looked over at them, eyes blazing.

"You took my decisions away from me, my choice. What makes you think you have the right to decide if I get a permanent IV or a service dog. It's my medical care and my choice. Mine, not yours. I've already told Dr. Sato about the IV and we are going to discuss the service dog alone. Do you hear me? Alone. You all don't have an opinion in this matter. Now leave," Kuro said with disdain clear in his voice.

They bowed their heads, defeated, and slowly walked out of the hospital room.

Kuro sighed and pressed the "HELP" button on his little remote, running his thin, frail fingers across his bare head. Tears pricking his eyes as just realized that his friends have seen him completely bald, not even a beanie to cover his pale head.

Dr. Sato hurried in a minute later with two nurses not far behind. He rushed over to Kuro and looked him over in concern, Kuro is like a son to him and he would hate for anything to happen to the fragile child.

"Kuro, darling, what's wrong?"

Kuro shut his eyes tightly, tears pushed put of his tear ducts and raced down his gaunt face. He leaned into the large, warm hand of his doctor that was resting on his cheek.

"C-can I h-h-have some p-p-pain med-medicine, p-p-pl-please? I-it h-h-hurts so m-m-much," He cried, pure pain painting itself on his delicate features.

Dr. Sato sighed sadly. He smiled tearfully and nodded, taking the medicine and pushing it into the IV of the heartbreaking boy.

"How did it go talking to your friends? What happened?" He asked as he sat in the chair beside Kuro's hospital bed.

"H-horrible. They d-d-didn't even kn-know what they d-did w-wr-wrong! I h-had to e-e-explain it t-t-to them! They c-c-can't just d-de-decide th-things for m-me and expect m-m-me to b-be oka-ay w-with i-it!" Kuro replied, frustrated at his friends.

"Okay, darling. Let's no get too worked up now. I'm going to turn up the oxygen concentration on your tank so you can breathe a bit easier(666). Just relax, okay? Do you want to talk about the service dog now?"

Kuro nodded and started listening intently to the pros and cons of getting a service dog as well as the permanent IV.

After their discussion, Dr. Sato leaves and Kuro falls asleep with a small smile on his face, wishing that's how his friends and family went about things earlier.

Hi, I'm sorry this is so late! Junior is kicking me in my *ss quite frankly. I've been really struggling with inspiration to write. I'm in quite a few academic clubs and I'm taking 2 AP classes as well as 2 Honors classes. My ACT exam is on the 2nd and I have a test tomorrow that I haven't even studied for. My best friend was just diagnosed with depression and anxiety, which is definitely not good for her condition. I also have depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Also, one of my teachers is bat sh*t insane. On the brighter side of things, I've got to see my mom recently, had a birthday, and had a nephew. After the ACT, I think I'll have some more room to breathe and write, but I'll definitely be able to write after May 5th, which is my last AP exam.
Bye loves!!