Chapter 9

After the triplets left, all of the hosts were looking at the floor in deep thought.

‘He’s too light.’ Mori thought.

‘I thought I was about to crush him when I hugged him.’ Tamaki thought.

Haruhi spoke up, “Guys, we need to do something. He’s such a unique and kind person and he’s never had any friends. He’s so light hearted and innocent. Kyoya, I assume you have his medical records?”

Kyoya nods and pulls out a large file.

Kyoya clear his throat and begins speaking, “He’s was in and out of hospitals since he was four. He had recurring infections and was constantly sick. They didn’t test him for JMML until he was seven and by then it was already in stage 2.

He had to receive and is still receiving high-dose chemotherapy multiple times to do a stem cell transplant, which is usually a painless process, but for some unknown reason, he was in pain the whole time, claiming that it burns.

He’s what they call a type three. They thought he was in remission for a while but it actually was rapidly progressing and they bumped it up to stage 4. (Foreshadowing)

By the time that happened, the cancer cells had already spread to his lungs. It says here that they don’t think he’ll make it into adulthood.

If people weren’t so incompetent, they could’ve saved him. It also says he’s scheduled for more chemo next week.

To be honest, I’m surprised they even let him out. Maybe they pity him because he never had a normal childhood and let him have fun for the last few years he has left alive.”

They were all crying or on the verge of tears, even Kyoya and Mori.

“Then we’ll just have to make sure he has the most fun he’s ever had in his life. Kyoya, will you arrange for us to go to the beach, please?” Tamaki says, sounding serious and melancholy.

Kyoya nods and starts furiously scribbling in his black notebook.

“Tamaki, we’ll have to go the day after his chemo.”

“Okay. And make sure no one tells Hikaru and Kaoru about this.”

Kyoya nods slightly.

👋Bye👋