Chapter 8

After the host club was officially over, Kuro looked around the room and saw Haruhi standing in the corner. He stood and walked over to her, oxygen tank rolling behind him. He stuck his hand out to her for her to shake and she did so reluctantly.

"Hi, I'm Kuro Hitachiin."

"I'm Haruhi."

"It's nice to meet you Haruhi. Can I ask you a question?"

"Ummm, sure. I don't see why not."

"What are your pronouns?"

"My what?"

"Pronouns. You were obviously born female but I don't know if your transgender or you just crossdress and I don't like to be rude so when I meet someone like you, I ask what pronouns they want me to use."

"Well, you can use her/she when we're not in school or around the host club members because they know. But, use him/he when we're at school or have any guests. Oh and just so we're clear, I crossdress, I'm not transgender."

"That's good to know. But now I'm curious. Why'd you start crossdressing?"

"Oh, well... To be honest, they're just more comfortable than female clothing. But I don't really care, cause who cares what gender we are or what clothes we want to wear? It's your personality that really counts, right?"

"Yes, you're exactly right. I enjoy your perspective on things, Haruhi. I can tell we're going to be great friends!" He smiles at her.

Meanwhile, The other Host Club members are all staring at Kuro and Haruhi.

"I wonder what they're talking about," Hani whispers to the others, scooping cake into his mouth.

"I heard something about pronouns, whatever that means," Tamaki whispers back.

"Oh that explains it," Hikaru and Kaoru say at the same time.

"Explains what?"

"What they're talking about. Kuro always asks for someone's pronouns when he's not sure if they are transgender or just crossdress. He doesn't want to come off as rude if he uses the wrong ones so until he asks, he uses they/them. He was probably just asking Haruhi which ones she prefers," Hikaru explained.

"But how did he know Haruhi's a girl? Did you tell him?"

"No, boss. But like Hikaru said, he's really smart and observant. He probably could tell Haruhi was a girl the second he saw her," Kaoru said.

"Umm guys, you might want to stop talking now. Haru-chan and Ku-chan are coming over here."

They all shut their mouths and turned towards Haruhi and Kuro.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Kuro. Are you ready to go home now?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked and the youngest nodded.

Kuro turned towards Kaoru.

"Nii-san, will you carry me, please?" Kuro asked timidly.

Kaoru nodded and picked him up bridal style.

"Thanks, Nii-san," Kuro said quietly and kissed him on the cheek, earning a small blush from him.

Kuro settled into his arms, hugging his oxygen tank to his chest protectively. Hikaru grabbed all of their bags and walked beside his younger siblings.

The Google doc app is making this so easy on me!! I write on my chrome book that's issued for school so wattpad is banned so I have to do it on my phone and with the app all I have to do is log into my school email, copy, come back here and paste, I used to copy it all down from my computer to my phone, but this is so much easier! 😆
Thank you, technology!!!
👋Bye👋