Spirit Wars

Authors Note: this is my first story, so enjoy :)

Do you ever walk into a new school and get the feeling that every one is staring at you? Labeling you as to what type of person you are. Being judged by your clothes, the way you wear your hair, how much make up you have put on?

Yeah. That's how I felt.

I was 18 and my name was Tatiana. Some would say i was beautiful, but i felt like a freak. I have perfect black hair that fell in gentle waves to my waste, i was tall and slender with soft blue eyes that appeared almost a light shade of violet in certain light.

From that you would assume i was a beautiful girlie girl. You're very wrong.

I wore black skinny leg jeans and combat boots laced up as high as they could go. A black Bring me the horizon band shirt as well has numerous bracelets on my wrists. I would not been seen in a dress, and high heels? Forget it. I didn't cheer or go shopping- why would i? I mean seriously, who would want to spend hours upon hours in a stuff shopping center? Or do flips that you know can kill you if you land if wrong. Not me

So now that we have established the fact that I'm not your average 18year old high school girl, we can get on with my story.

The first class i had was psychology. In my last school apparently my thesis 'get over it' was not really appreciated in the class room.

As i walked in 22 pairs of eyes stared at me like i had just murdered 5 people. After the initial shock of 'why is she 25 minutes late to a class' the eyes begin to question me. I could almost hear their silent questions 'who is she?' 'Why is she here?' Among others. I looked around my eyes grazing over everyone before i walked over to the teacher getting a wiff of someone in the front row. eww, Gross he smells like he had never taken a shower, i introduced myself. "I'm Tatiana, Tatiana Greystone" i handed him a slip of paper explaining why i was so late.

"Well miss Greystone, please choose any seat and welcome"

I looked around, in all there were 2 available seats, one up the front directly in front of the teachers desk or one in the second row behind smelly mc fatty. Yep my decision was made up for me. I sat down and heard some laughing from the back row.

The rest of the period was slow and boring- i had to keep pinching myself to stay awake. The bell rang and I made my escape. I headed to my locker to put all of my books away, and to see if mum had called me to tell me that she was home. I picked my phone up from the shelf. It was flat. "Really?" I muttered to myself. I closed the locker door and locked it. Would I eat in the mess hall? Or outside?  

I had no friends to sit with in the mess hall so outside it was.

"Oi Tati rag doll" i turned around and there was Jenna Jenkins- the most popular girl in school. She was dressed like a slut and caked in makeup so i guessed that was probably why.

"What?" I snarled at her. She laughed a flipped her blond hair behind her should and strutted up to me. "Where was it that you got your clothes from? A thrift shop?" I stared at her, giving her my best leave me the hell alone impression. "Where did you get yours? Sluts are us? And honey you better get rid of that re growth it's a bad look for you. Like your make up" she flipped her hair behind her shoulder again- there seemed to be a lot of that happening today. "Just because I'm more beautiful then you doesn't mean you have to be jealous" as i turned to walk away she pushed me over. I put my arms out to soften the fall onto the hard floor. My bracelets slid down my arm showing the strange marks that covered my wrist. Not cuts but burn like scars that decorated my wrist since i was a baby. I was born with them my mum said. They were in swirly shapes that look beautiful but i couldn't walk around with burns on my wrist now could I?

Of course everyone else saw them too.

"What are they you psychopathic freak?"

I stood up and glared at everyone, then turned to Jenna. "You think you are beautiful? I could wipe half of your beauty away with some make up remover wipes." And with that i did my best Jenna flipping her hair impression and walked away.

That night as i drove home i thought about how nice it would be to never have to see Jenna Jenkins ever again. Ahh that would be good.

When i got home mum was not home It turned out that it didn't mater if my phone was charged or not, she still wasn't home, was out of town doing some real estate job in Sydney somewhere.  

The house had not yet been unpacked so i guessed that was a sign that i had my work cut out for me. I started in the kitchen stacking cups, plates, pans and everything else. By the time i was done it was 8.30. "Time for dinner" i groaned. I went to look in the cupboard realizing all i had to eat was some stale crackers and even more stale bread. "This calls for pizza" i took out a $20 note and called the local pizza shop for home delivery.

One large vegetarian pizza later, i was sitting in the living room watching tv- the couch had not been unpacked yet, so i sat on the floor. The tv was a definite to unpack- i made mum do it as soon as we arrived. Wifi wasn't set up yet so that was bad enough.

That night was slow and dull so i decided to go to bed.

That night was plagued with bad dreams they made me toss and turn all night. But the strange thing was, they all had people wearing strange purple robs fighting with people in strange blue robes. And like me, they all had the burn marks on their wrist. Every single one of them.

The next day at school, Jenna Jenkins was reported missing by her parents, i of course got the blame from people at school. They called me a psychopathic witch, saying that i used my voodoo powers to make Jenna disappear after fighting with her in the corridor. Being high school the truth had several spin offs- one saying that i had pulled out a knife on her and another one saying that i dragged her by her hair to the bathroom where they heard me punching her in the face and calling her names. Screw high school. Not even day 3 and i already had a reputation.

Where ever i went people stared and whispered, laughed and walked a little faster, as though i was a diseased animal ready for the slaughter house. I mean isn't that what high school is to the kid that gets bullied? A slaughter house? Their worst nightmare? I wouldn't say that i was getting bullied, just the main source of gossip and conversation. Scratch that, yes i was being bullied. Maybe i should dress like a slut and become a cake face... Yes that's what I would do. Tatiana Greystone was going to become her worst nightmare. A Barbie.

In English we were reading a book called 'Pride and the prejudice'

Apparently it was a timeless classic, no one else seemed to agree saying that it was lame and a load of crap. I on the other hand thought it was interesting, why did Mr. Darcy behave that way towards the girls as they tried to impress him? If i were then i would of punched him. I couldn't help myself reading in an olden times voice in my head. Just as i was getting into the book, a paper plane landed on my desk addressed to me. I unfolded it and read it.

"Hey witch, we know what you did to Jenna. You are going to get what's coming for you freak"

Charming. People really did have a way with words didn't they.

I looked around a saw a bunch of muscular guys laughing and another girl death staring me. I turned away, trying not to act a little scared, but in all honesty i was in fact, a little scared of what my 'surprise' was.