3 | mystique

new episode today i'm so excited skdhjshd and bnha s5 starts today too omgggg

- - -

Y/n scrolled through all the comments about her debut at 'S', each and every one of them bringing a smile on her face. She'd made an impact there, she'd brought herself out. It felt . . . cool. She felt cool. To be acknowledged by people doing and loving the same thing she does.

''Y/n, sweetie.'' The door to her bedroom opened and Y/n quickly turned her phone off, hiding it under her pillow. She turned around, trying to appear sleepy. ''Oh, sorry, did I wake you?''

She rubbed her eyes. ''Yeah, but it's fine,'' Y/n said, trying her best to yawn convincingly. ''What's up?''

Her mother looked guilty, but continued notheless. ''Your dad and I are leaving, so we just wanted to say bye to you.''

Y/n checked her digital clock, seeing 12:46 a.m. written on there. Looking back at her mom, she grinned tiredly. ''Should I get up, then?''

The older woman shook her head. ''It's okay,'' she leaned a bit back, facing the hallway. ''Dear, come say bye to Y/n!''

Not too long after, her father's head popped at the door, his expression tired, though a lazy smile was on his lips. ''Goodbye, dear. We'll see you in three days, yeah.''

''Yeah, bye, Dad,'' Y/n said, taking her hand out slightly to wave.

Her father disappeared, leaving her mother alone at the door. ''You sure you won't set the house on fire?'' she joked.

Y/n chuckled. ''This is not the first time you're leaving me home alone, I'll be fine,'' she reassured.

''Alright,'' her mother said with a nod. ''Bye, dear.''

''Bye, mom.''

Her mother closed the door, causing Y/n to let out a sigh of relief. She turned back around, fishing her phone from under her pillow. She noticed all the notifications she'd gotten, suddenly glad she'd put her phone on night mode. Unlocking it again, she continued scrolling through the reactions.

So, they're calling me Mystique now . . . I kind of like it, she thought. She started getting to older posts, seeing a familiar blue haired boy. Wait, isn't that that boy from my school? Was he Langa or Reki? I think Langa, right? He's Snow? So, he's known at 'S', too.

The front door closed, causing Y/n to stop what she was doing and listen closely. When it didn't open again, she removed the covers from her body, getting up and wearing her clothes for 'S'. She peaked out of the window, seeing that the car was gone, which brought a grin to her face.

''Finally,'' she breathed out and leaned to grab her skateboard from under the bed, the familiar purple design causing her eyes to sparkle. The paint was chipped, sure, but it didn't matter to her.

It didn't take long to arrive at 'S'. When she did, she put her hood over her head, pushing the skateboard slowly as she observed the place. There was no beef today, it seemed, and everyone was just relaxing and skating, having fun doing something they love. It was a dream come true, really.

''Isn't that the girl from the other day?''

''The one that beat Shadow?''

''It's Mistique!''

''Why's she here? Is she going to challenge someone again?''

She didn't expect people to notice her so quick, not really. It did feel endearing, though. She felt famous.