Episode 4

<a week later>

<lunch>

(Zach) Dean sits down across from Zach with his tray. Zach looked up from his book and saw Dean seemed peppy. A confused grin appeared on Zach's face.

"What's going on with you?" Zach asked.

"Nothing." Dean replied before sticking a plastic fork with food in his mouth. Zach then realized and the widest smile stretched across Zach's face. He quickly closed his book and moved it aside.

"You like someone!"

"Pft do not." Dean denied.

"Don't lie to me Dean-o. So tell me, who is it?" Zach asked eagerly.

Dean shook his head and stuck his fork back in his mouth and remained silent.

"Oh come on I'm your best friend!"

Dean rolled his eyes playfully.

"Guess."

"Hmm...Samantha Collins?"

"Nope."

"Jessica Parker?"

Dean shook his head. Zach thought a moment.

"Oh is it Natalie Richmond?"

"Are you just naming girls on the cheer squad?" Dean asked.

"Is she on the cheer squad?" Zach asked.

"No." Dean answered.

Zach then pouted in frustration as Dean chuckled and tore off a piece of his roll.

<intro cuts in>

<after school>

Zach runs out the front of school almost running people over.

"Lane!" He shouts as he runs in front of her and his sister.

"Danny Williams is hosting a beach party Friday night at Lighthouse Point Park! You in?" Zach asked all excited.

"Yeah sure why not. Rory, are you interested?" Lane asked. Rory shook her head.

"Not really. You two should go though."

"Alright I should get to practice. Bye." Zach said.

"Bye." Rory and Lane both said. Zach then ran back towards the school building.

<later> <Rory's room>

(Rory) Rory and Lane are lying on their stomachs next to each other on the bed facing the end of the bed as they did homework. Lane was scrolling on her phone looking at combat boots.

"Do you like these?" Lane asks as she turns her phone to Rory.

Rory turns her head and says, "Yes" before focusing back on her homework. Lane continues to scroll once more and turns her phone again.

"What about these?" She asks. Rory turns her head again. "Yes. Now Lane you need to focus." Lane turns off her phone and lays it face down on the bed.

"I know it's just hard to concentrate when you're worrying about what you need to wear for your next gig." Lane frowned.

"I know but you need to push through." Rory encouraged her.

Lane nodded and glanced down at her paper. "Focusing starting now." Lane said. Rory smiled and continued her work.

<5pm>

(Zach) Zach walked inside the house coming home from practice when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulled it out and answered without seeing who was calling.

"Hello?" Zach said sleepily.

"Hey!" The familiar voice exclaimed.

"Oh uh hey Zo." Zach said as he walked forward and placed his house keys on the table by the front door.

"Is this a bad time?" She asked.

"No not at all. What's up?" Zach said managing to sound somewhat cheery. He slowly made his way upstairs as she continued to speak.

"So my family is taking a trip to Florida next week and they're forcing me to go with them."

"Uh huh." Zach mumbles as he enters his room. He puts her on speaker and throws his phone on his bed and lays down next to it.

"And since our one year anniversary is next week I was thinking we celebrate it early."

Zach nodded to himself as he shut his eyes. "Sounds good." He said sleepily.

"Great. Does Friday night work for you?"

"Uh huh sure."

"My parents will probably be working late that night so you can come over right after school if you want." She said flirtatiously.

"Sure." Zach responded. Then it occurred to him. "Wait this Friday?" He asked.

He heard her giggle on the other end.

"Yes this Friday."

He let out a sigh and said, "I can't this Friday. I've got plans with Lane."

"Oh." Zoey said as she tried to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Im sorry, Zo." Zach apologized as he feels a sudden guilt rush over him.

"No it's totally fine we can just celebrate when I get back."

Zach smiled. "Of course."

"Alright I have to go my mom's calling me."

"Okay. Love you." He told her.

"Love you too. Bye." She said.

The call ended and Zach remained lying there.

<<no pov>>

<the next day>

Taylor approaches Zoey at her locker.

"Soooo what did he say?" Taylor asked with a smirk.

"He can't make it."