Episode 9

<fall break>

<<no pov>>

Chloe and Dean are approaching the Gilmore house.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean what if they don't like me?" She says as they walk up the stairs.

"Well I like you." He replies. She glances up at him with a smile.

"I know that."

"Trust me they'll like you." He says. "It'll be fine." He assures her. He gives her a quick kiss then knocks on the door.

Not even a second later the door opens and there stood Zach. Dean raises a brow.

"Come on in." Zach says cheerfully. Chloe smiles and walks in. Dean follows in after and Zach shuts the door. Dean turns to Zach who had this excited look on his face.

"Hey were you watching us outside?" Dean questioned. Zach just looked at him blankly as if he had no clue what Dean was inferring.

After a moment he then turns away from Dean and walks into the living room dismissing his question. Dean rolls his eyes playfully shaking his head and follows behind him.

"So I'm Zach." He says as he points to himself.

"This is my sister Rory, and our best friend, Lane." He says as he points to Rory who was sitting on the couch and Lane who was sitting in the arm chair.

"Oh we've met." Chloe said as she looked at Lane and smiled. Zach gave a confused look.

"Yeah we work together." Lane says with a smile.

"Huh." Zach says in the way Jess says it. He then looks at Chloe.

"So can I interest you in a drink or?" She shakes her head.

"No I'm good, thanks." She says.

"Alright." He says.

Then there was an awkward pause.

<intro cuts in>

(Rory) "I got your text what's the big emergency?" Rory says anxiously as she enters Lane's room. Lane then holds up purple hair dye and gloves. "You can't be serious."

"My mom won't be home for a few hours which gives us plenty of time to dye my hair." She says as she goes into the bathroom. Rory follows her in there.

"Lane, what's this about?"

"Nothing. Why can't a girl just dye her hair to dye her hair?" Lane said as she sets everything up in the bathroom.

"Uh maybe because if your mom sees you she'll have a stroke."

"She's not gonna see me. We'll dye my hair then dye it back. She'll never know."

After a moment Rory sighed. "Okay."

"Good now shut the door."

(Dean) Dean runs up a set of steps and knocks on a door. The door opens and he sees Jenny.

"Hey Jen." Dean said with a grin.

She smiles back at him then turns her head back into the house.

"Chloe!" She shouts.

"What?" Chloe shouts back.

"Dean's here!"

"Okay I'll be down in a minute!"

Jenny then turns back to Dean. "Do you want to come in? Our mom's not home."

"Sure."

Dean steps in and Jenny shuts the door.

"So how are you?" Jenny asks.

"Good. You?"

"Pretty good. How's football?"

"Stressful but good. How's your freshman year going?"

"Good. It's not as bad as I thought it would be."

Chloe then came downstairs and entered the foray.

"Hey." She said.

Dean turns his head and meets Chloe's lips.

"Okay I'm leaving now." Jenny says then walks to where Chloe came in from.

The two of them pull away.

"So what brings you here?" She asks with a smile.

"I wanna take you somewhere." He answers.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

"Ooo how mysterious." She says in a playful tone.

(Zoey) Zoey and Taylor are in Taylor's room.

"So you and Oliver are good now?"

"Yeah he says he just has a lot going on which I can totally understand with baseball and his brother getting stationed in Afghanistan."

"Afghanistan?! Wow."

"Yeah...so how are things with Zach?"

"Good."

After a moment Taylor then says,

"You know I'm surprised Zach even has time for you."

"What are you talking about?" Zoey said, starting to get annoyed.

"I mean with school, football, Lane..."

Zoey rolls her eyes. "Here we go again."