Episode 6

<a week later> <Two Ghosts by Harry Styles plays faintly in the background>

<<no pov>>

<flashback> <fourth of July>

"Light em up Taylor!" Babette exclaimed. The camera cuts over to where Lorelai, Rory, and Jess stood.

"This is stupid." Jess tells Rory as they turn to each other.

"Shut up and kiss me." She said then giggled.

"Gladly." He replied then pulled her in by the waist. After a few moments the first firework went up. Lorelai held her camera up and snapped a picture of the two kissing with fireworks overhead.

<end of flashback>

Rory takes off the picture of her and Jess from the fourth of July off of her mirror along with a couple of other pictures of them into a small picture box. She seals the box and then places it into a medium sized cardboard box. She then picks up the box with the necklace he gave her inside of it and places it down into the box. Afterwards she takes a black sharpie and spells out the name 'Jess' on one of the sides.

<flashback continues>

The two of them pull away. "You were supposed to wait." She giggled.

"Hey I did what you asked." He said with his Jess smiled. She rolled her eyes playfully.

<end of flashback>

"Knock knock." Lorelai said.

Rory looked over at the door and smiled.

"Hey."

"How's it going?"

"Fine. I'm finished if you want to take it." Rory replied as she lifted up the box. Lorelai walked over and took the box from her.

"Hey hon?" Lorelai said with a concerned look.

"Mom I'm fine. Couples break up and people leave all the time." Rory shrugged. "It happens."

Loralai nodded. "I know hon. I'm just saying you haven't really talked about what happened which is totally fine... But when you're ready to talk I want you to know I'm here to listen."

Rory nodded. "I know."

And with that Lorelai turned around and started towards the door.

<the song fades out as the intro cuts in>

<no pov>

Zach was sitting on the couch watching tv when the home phone rang.

"Mom! The phone!" Zach hollered. Lorelai walks down the hall shaking her
head.

"You are perfectly capable of getting it yourself. You have legs don't you?" Lorelai said then picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Lorelai. Hi." Emily spoke.

"Hi mom." Lorelai spoke trying to hide her dreadful expression.

"Last time you were here I heard that Zach and his girlfriend were becoming more serious. Did I hear that correctly?"

"Yes mom you heard that correctly."

"Excellent! Then it's decided."
Loralai furrowed her brows.

"What's decided, mom?"

"Zach will bring his girlfriend here for dinner sometime around...this week?"

"I don't know mom. Zach's extremely busy with school and his upcoming games." She replied. Zach turned his head and furrowed his brows in confusion. Loralai just shrugged at him.

"Well when's his next game?" She asked. "Friday." "Does he have practice on Saturday?"

"Well..."

"Yes or no Lorelai?"

Loralai drew a breath and looked down. "No."

"Then Saturday night it is. Does 7 o'clock work?

"Yes mom."

"Great I'll see you then."

"See you then."

"Goodbye Lorelai."

The call ended and Lorelai looked up at Zach.

"What was that about?" Zach asked.

"How do you feel about your girlfriend to meet your grandparents?"

"Mom!" Zach complained.

"I'm sorry I didn't know how to get you out of it!"

"You didn't think to tell her that me and her are on a break?"

"She would've taken it as you two being broken up."

"Good! Let her think that, we might as well be!" He exclaimed. He then got up and went upstairs.

<the next day>

(Zach) Zach knocks on Zoey's front door. After a moment she answered and when she did she seemed surprised to see him.

"How do you feel about meeting my grandparents?" He asked her. A smile grew across Zoey's face.

<Saturday> <5:45pm> <Dean's room>

"Please?" Zach pleaded. Dean smirked and shook his head while buttoning his shirt.

"No I have a date with Chloe." Dean replied.

"Chloe Shmloe." Zach said as he fell backwards onto Dean's bed. Dean chuckled. "When do I get to meet her anyway?"

"When things are a little more serious. We've only been going out for a week."

"Fair enough."

"Hey don't forget to warn her about the interrogation."

Zach sat up on his elbows. "You're seriously no help." He said.

Dean continued to laugh. "I'm serious." Dean said.

"It's different this time I'm sure they've learnt their lesson from the first time." Zach said suggestively.

"I doubt it." Dean replied.

There was a pause before Zach asked, "Hey what time is it?"

Dean glances over at the clock sitting on his dresser. "5:48" He reads.