Episode 5

<Thursday> <before lunch>

<<no pov>>

Taylor walks slowly towards Zoey at her locker with a guilt written on her face.

She let out a calm sigh and said, "I'm sorry."

Zoey glanced at her and rolled her eyes. She finished placing the books she had in her hands into her locker. She then shut her locker and turned to Taylor.

"It wasn't my place to ramble on about things that probably aren't even true. And you're right, it isn't my relationship. I realize now how awful I would feel if you or someone else said things like that about Oliver and some other girl. I truly am sorry, Zo."

Zoey smiled slightly.

"I forgive you." She said. "Come on, let's go eat." Zoey said.

The two of them then started towards the cafeteria.

<intro cuts in>

"So what should I do about Zach?" Zoey asked. Taylor shrugged.

"You could ask Lane to cancel plans with him." Taylor responded before she took a bite of her sandwich.

"I can't do that, that would be rude!"

Taylor put her sandwich down and shook her head. "It's not rude. She's had him for what? 12 years of his life? I think she can go one night without him." She said then picked up her sandwich and took another bite. Zoey furrowed her brows in uncertainty.

"I don't know, Tay..."

Taylor swallowed.

"Just think about it, okay?" She said then took another bite.

"Yeah. Yeah okay."

(Zach) Zach and Dean came out of the locker room with their gear on.

"Guess who has a date tomorrow night." Dean said as they walked toward the field.

"With who?" Zach asked eagerly.

"Not saying."

"Come on, Dean. Who's this mystery girl you've been gushing about?"

"I haven't been gushing." Dean blushed.

"Ooo and he's blushing too!" Zach exclaimed. Dean jokingly nudged his shoulder.

"Gilmore! Forester! Pick up the pace!" Their coach hollered and both boys hurried onto the field.

(Rory) Rory and Jess were upstairs sitting on separate ends of the couch doing homework. Jess glanced over at Rory with a smirk.

"Do you think the coast is clear?" He asked as he scooted closer. Rory looked at him and giggled.

"I think we're safe." She replied as she grabbed a gentle hold on his neck. Their lips collided and Jess moved his hand forward on the couch for support. Rory was laying on the couch at this point and Jess was on top of her.

Suddenly, the door swings open which startles the two of them. They quickly separate and sit in their original spots away from each other.

"Sorry guys I was just looking for a- ah hah!" Luke says then picks up a pen from the table and holds it forward to show them what he grabbed and then walked out.

Both Jess and Rory let out a breath and looked at each other. They both chuckled then focused back on their work.

<5:15pm>

(Zach) Zach walks into Luke's and sits down at the counter. Lane then approaches him and he glances up at her.

"Your usual?" Lane asks with a smile. Zach smiled back at her.

"Oh uh no thanks. A cesar salad please." He replied. Lane appeared a little surprised by that as she wrote his order down.

"Since when do you order salads?" She asked.

"Well I've gotta watch the weight and stay in shape."

"I thought you Gilmores didn't gain weight." Lane joked.

Lane then walked away and gave Zach's order to Caesar. She then walked back over to Zach.

"Coffee?" She asked.

"You have to ask?" He answered. Lane smirked at his sarcasm and gave him a quick glance.

"Decaf." He told her.

She then walked away and grabbed a mug and poured some coffee into it. She then walked back to Zach and placed the mug in front of him.

"Thanks." He said before taking a sip.

"So...tomorrow."

Zach put his cup down.

"Oh yeah and are you sure you still want to go?" He asked.

"Yes. Absolutely. Hey when's the last time you went to that beach?" Lane asked.

Zach thought a moment. "Ummm the last time I went there was when I was with my grandparents. It was some time during summer and they took me and Rory out for a beach day while our mom was at work. We were probably around 7 or 8. You?" He asked.

"I was maybe around 5 or 6. I have little memory of it though."

"Then tomorrow we'll be sure to make it something worth to remember." He replied with a smile. Lane smiled back.

"That we will."

<the next day>

(Lane) Lane and Rory shut their lockers and turned to each other.

"Hey so I kind of told Jess I would talk to him before first period. Is that okay?" Rory said.

Lane nodded. "Yeah of course."

Rory smiled. "Thanks, Lane!" She exclaimed before she turned and started walking the other way.

Lane turned around and began walking to class when Zoey approached her with a smile on her face.

"Hey Lane."

"Hi." Lane replied awkwardly.

Zoey shook her head at her self. "So sorry to bother you like this."

"Oh it's fine don't worry about it." Lane assured her. "What's up?"

"I wanted to ask if you could do something for me."

"Like a favor?"

"Sort of...I was wondering if you could cancel whatever you had planned tonight with Zach."

"Oh?" Lane replied sounding slightly taken aback.

"You don't have to it's just today's the only day I'm free for him and I to celebrate our anniversary early since I-"

Lane sighed and interrupted her.

"Yeah sure I'll cancel."

"Are you sure?" Zoey asked. Lane nodded.

"Yeah I'm sure."

Zoey smiled. "Thanks Lane. This really means a lot." Zoey said. When Zoey around Lane smiled a little to herself.

<Youngblood by 5sos starts playing>

(Rory) Rory was getting her books for her last period when Jess approached her.

"Hey." He said with a smirk. Rory turned her head.

"Hi." She said with a smile.

He gave her a quick kiss on the lips and nudged his head towards the main exit and said, "Come on."

Rory tilted her head and gave him the 'seriously?' look.

"Jess it's one more class to get through and I'll hangout with you after.

"But I want to hangout now. Come on we can go get ice cream or something."

"Jess-"

"Please Ror? Just this once?" He said.

Rory let out a sigh and turned to her locker and thought for a moment. She then shoved her books into her locker and slammed the locker shut.

The camera cuts to them sneaking out of the school and sneaking over to Jess' car. The car was parked where Luke wouldn't tell if it was gone or not. The two got in and Jess started the car. They then drove off.

<the song fades out as the camera cuts>

(Zach) The last bell rang and Zach got up and walked out of class and spotted Dean.

He approached him and said, "Still have that date?" with a smirk. Dean smiled and nodded.

"Yes I still have that date and its with Chloe Thompson." Dean confessed.

"Chloe? Damn."
He responded sounding a little surprised. He then smiled and patted Dean on the shoulder. "I'm happy for you, man."

"Thanks."

Zach then spotted Lane walking out of her class.

"I'll see you later. And tell me how the date goes!" He hollered.

"I will." Dean hollered back.

He then ran up behind Lane and slowed to her pace next to her.

"Just a few more hours." Zach said with excitement in his voice. Lane then frowned. "Hey what's wrong?" Zach asked.

"I need to talk to you."

"Okay."

"Something came up with the band and they need me tonight." She lied.

"Oh." Zach said sounding disappointed.

"I'm really sorry."

"Uh no it's fine. I guess I'll have to tell Zoey I'm free after all. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Lane replied.

And with that Zach walked away. Lane let out a sad sigh then realized Rory wasn't there.

(Rory) The two of them are driving down a two lane road and Rory and Jess now have ice cream cones in their hands.

"Take the wheel." He said

"What?"

"Hold the wheel I'm dripping." He says as he's angling his cone so the ice cream drips onto the napkin.

"I can't hold the wheel. The person driving is supposed to hold the wheel."

Jess then takes his other hand off the wheel.

"Jess!" Rory exclaims as she reaches over and grabs the wheel with one hand. Jess places a hand back on the wheel.

"Jeez relax." He says with a slight chuckle. Rory sits back in her seat and looks out the window. "You look pale are you okay?" He asked still laughing a little.

Rory remained silent and continued to stare out the window. Jess frowned. "Look I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

Rory looked at him. "I know." She said. He then looked at her with a smirk which made Rory smile. He then focused back on the road. "Can I ask a personal question?" Rory says.

"Shoot."

"Why did you go to Juvie?" Rory asked hesitantly.

Jess didn't say anything at first.

"You don't have to answer."

"Uh no it's fine um...It was the same year your mom married Luke. I was hanging out with these preppy rich kids who were a lot older and they decided that they were going to vandalize this car that was parked across the street with spray paint. The cops showed and they blamed the whole thing on me." He told her.

"But didn't they pull the finger prints off the bottles?" She asked. Jess scoffed.

"No. Who do you think they were gonna believe? A bunch a snobby rich kids or someone like me? Anyways after that they sent me to Juvie for the next 6 months so I missed the wedding." 

Rory grabbed a hold of one of Jess' hands and interlocked their hands. "I'm sorry that happened to you. The whole thing is so unfair." He then glanced over at her and smiled.

There was a brief pause of silence before Jess spoke again. "Hey I've been meaning to tell you something-"

The sound of Rory's ringtone interrupted him.

"Oh um sorry I need to take this." Rory said and pulled out her phone and answered it.

"Hello?" Rory spoke.

"Hey where are you?" Lane asked.

"Oh um I'm with Jess."

"Jess?"

"Yeah um we sorta ditched last period."

"You ditched?!"

"Yes I ditched. I promise I'll fill you in later, okay?"

"Fine. Just be safe, okay?"

"I will I promise."

The call ended and Lane shook her head. Rory put her phone back in her pocket and tucked a lock of hair behind her right ear.

"Sorry. You were saying?"

"I just...I wanted to tell you that... That I-"

"Jess!" Rory exclaimed as her eyes widened.

The scene goes dark followed by the sound of a car swerving.

<3:30pm>

(Zach) The two of them were smirking as Zoey pulled Zach into her room holding both of his hands. She fell backwards onto the bed and giggled as Zach fell on top of her. Zoey pushed herself further onto the bed as her and Zach started to makeout. Suddenly Zach's phone goes off. He ignores it and starts kissing Zoey's neck. Zoey giggled.

"I think you should get that." She said. Zach groaned as he pulled away and pulled out his phone to see it was his mom calling.

"Hey mom." Zach said. Zoey sat up holding herself with only her elbows. She noticed Zach looked panicked.

"Yeah I'll be right there." Zach said sounding flustered then hung up the phone. "I-I have to go." Zach stuttered out.

"Why? What happened?" Zoey asked.

"Rory got in an accident." He replied.

"Is she okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I-I don't know. Th-there was a deer or something." He stuttered. "My mom's on her way to the hospital now. I-I need to go."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

Zach shook his head. "No I'll be fine." He said then gave Zoey a quick kiss before he left.