1: Mad Max. (start of season 2)

Y/n's pov

"Uh, I've got 23 quarters. Dustin? Over." I said into my radio, looking through my jar.

"23?!? I've got four! Lucas what's your haul?" Dustin huffed from the other side of the radio.

"Well, Dustin, take your PUNY haul and multiply it by 5! Over." Lucas said.

"...how?!?" Dustin asked, baffled.

"Well, while you were rummaging around like a homeless bum, I mowed old man Humphrey's lawn and y/n has been saving since last Christmas! Over." Lucas said smugly into the radio.

"Old man Humphrey's got that kind of cash?" Dustin asked.

"Just call Mike already. Over." Lucas sighed.

"You call Mike!" Dustin argued.

"I gotta go take a shower, from doing work like a real man! Over and out." Lucas said, turning off his supercom.

I rolled my eyes.

"Mike, do you copy? Over." Dustin said.

"Yeah, yeah, I copy." Mike replied nervously.

"What are you doing on this channel?" I asked.

"Uhh, nothing!" Mike denied suspiciously.

"We have $11.75 total, what about you? Over." Dustin asked.

"Shit! Uh, I don't know yet." Mike said.

"What do you mean, you don't know yet?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Hold on. Call Will." Mike ordered, turning off his supercom.

After we had called Will, Dustin had knocked on my door.

"Mom! I'm going to the arcade!" I yelled to my mom who was in the kitchen.

"Okay, be safe!" She called back.

I put my quarters in my pocket and grabbed my bike, Dustin and I pedalling to the arcade.

Eventually we reached the arcade and chained up our bikes, Will arriving in his car and talking with his mom.

Will got out of the car and walked up to us.

"Alright, people, let's go!" Dustin said, and we rushed into the arcade.

I loved the arcade so much, Dustin and I were probably the best at video games in our group, and I still had the top score on pac man, no one could beat it. Dustin however, had managed to beat me at dig dug, but oh well.

We walked over to dragons lair, Lucas's personal favourite, and since I had the most quarters, i got to play first.

Dustin and Lucas stood on either side of me, yelling in my ear what to do while Mike watched intently and Will stood beside him, cheering me on.

"I'm in uncharted territory here, guys." I panicked.

I always sucked at dragons lair.

"To slay the dragon, use the magic sword!" Princess daphne, Lucas's crush said in her bubbly voice.

"Shit, this isn't going to work guys!" I yelled.

"Down, down, down!" Lucas chanted.

"No, wait! You have to jump over that part!" Dustin yelled.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

"No, no, no, no, no. No! Damn it!" I said as the bright words "game over" came across the screen. "This game is bullshit!"