3: Will's missing.

Y/n's pov

"Remember, finish chapter 12 and answer 12.3 on the difference between an experiment and other forms of science investigation. This will be on the test that will cover chapters 10 through 12. It will be multiple choice with an essay section..." Mr. Clarke reminded the class, trailing off at the end because everyone except the party had left.

"So, did it come?!" Mike asked, practically yelling because of how excited he was.

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...
It came." Mr. Clarke smiled.

We all excitedly ran into the AV room,
And there it was.

The thing we had been waiting months for.

The Heathkit Ham Shack.

"I bet you can talk to New York this thing!" Mike said giddily.

"Think bigger." Mr. Clarke smiled at our amazement.

"California?" Lucas asked curiously.

"Bigger." He replied, his arms crossed and a smile on his face.

"Australia?" I asked excitedly, my eyes wide.

Mr. Clarke nodded his head silently, smiling. He then turned it on for us.

"Will's totally gonna blow his shit when he sees this!" Lucas exclaimed, and I elbowed him slightly in the side.

"Lucas!" Mr. Clarke scolded, unable to hold back a smile at our utter excitement.

Lucas smiled sheepishly up at him "Sorry."

"Ello this is Mike Wheeler, president of Hawkins Middle A.V. club." Mike said, putting on the headphones and talking in a bad Australian accent.

Then Dustin put the headphones on. "Ello this is Dustin Henderson, treasurer of Hawkins Middle A.V. club. Do you eat kangaroos for breakfast?" He asked in an even worse accent than Mike's.

"Is that what you guys think Australians sound like?" I asked.

"It's fun." Mike shrugged. "Give it a try."

"Ello! This is Y/n Y/l/n, secretary of Hawkins Middle A.V. club. How's it going down under?" I talked in a purposefully bad accent.

"My turn!" Lucas declared, grabbing the headphones as I passed them to him, but just as he was about to put them on, our principal walked in.

"Can I please borrow Michael, Lucas, Dustin and
Y/n." He asked, pointing to each of us as he spoke.

——

The four of us were sitting in the principal's office on plastic chairs.

The order went Lucas, Mike, Me, then Dustin.

In front of us sat the Chief of Police, Jim Hopper and two other cops, who I believed to be officer Powell and officer Callahan.

The Chief told us that Will was missing and asked if any of us knew where he might be.

We all started talking, overlapping each other's sentences so that you could barely make out a single word we said.

"Alright! One at a time! You." Hopper said pointing to Mike. "You said he takes what?"

"Mirkwood." Mike repeated casually.