10: Our discovery, not yours.

Y/n's pov

I unzipped Dustin's backpack and plopped the library books down on the table, making Dart chitter.

"At first, we thought he was... some sort of pollywog." Dustin began.

"Pollywog?" Max asked.

"It's another word for tadpole." I clarified, earning a nod from her.

"A tadpole is the larval stage of a toad." Dustin said.

"I know what a tadpole is." Max deadpanned and I chuckled slightly.

She glanced at me and we both giggled.

"All right, then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic, right?" Dustin asked.

I opened up the book on amphibians and turned to a page marked 'frog life cycle'.

"Well, dart he isn't. He doesn't need water." I explained.

"Yeah, but aren't there non aquatic pollywogs?" Lucas asked.

"Terrestrial pollywogs?" Dustin asked. "Yep."

"Two to be exact." I added.

He and I each opened up different books and flipped to certain pages.

"Indrana semipalmata." I said, pointing to the page I had open.

"And the adenomera andreae." Dustin said, pointing to the one on his page.

"One's from India, one's from South America. So how did one end up in my trash?" Dustin concluded.

"Maybe some scientists brought it here and it escaped?" Max asked, sounding unsure.

"Maybe, but-" I started, but was cut off by Mike.

"Do you guys see that?" Mike asked, looking at Dart.

We all leaned in to get a closer look to see something shifting inside of him.

"Okay. What the hell." I said.

Mike adjusted the lamp so he could see dart better, causing the creature to screech and crawl over the barrier, trying to jump off the desk.

Dustin quickly caught him.

"Woah. It's okay. It's okay. I gotcha little guy. I know you don't like that. It's okay." Dustin said to him as if he was a baby.

Lucas and Max shared an uncomfortable glance.

"And there's another thing." I said suddenly, startling Will.

"Sorry, Will. Reptiles, they're cold blooded, ectothermic, right? They love heat and the sun. Well, Dart hates it. It hurts him." I said.

"So if he's not a pollywog or a reptile..." Lucas started.

"We've discovered a new species." Dustin said with a smile.

I looked at the group. I had an odd feeling about Dart. As much as I thought he was cute, I just felt like he was bad news.

The bell rang and I zipped the books back up into Dustin's bag and handed it to him which he took as we all walked out of the A.V. room.

"We gotta show him to Mr. Clarke." Lucas said, and I nodded.

"Good idea, Lucas." I agreed as we walked.

"No, not a good idea Lucas. What if he steals our discovery?" Dustin said.

I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"He's not gonna steal your discovery." Mike said.

"Yeah, dust. I mean come on, it's Mr. Clarke we're talking about here." I said. "Not some evil mad scientist."

What do you think? I think you're an idiot. (Dustin Henderson x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें