8: Contacting Lucas.

Y/n's pov

As we drove down the road, Our Supercoms picked up a signal.

"Dustin." Lucas's voice broke through. "Y/n? Do you copy?" He asked. "Dustin?"

"Lucas? Where the hell have you been?" Dustin asked.

Lucas scoffed hastily as if he was running out of time. "Just Listen. Are you guys looking for Eddie?" He asked.

"Yeah, and we found him." Dustin said as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"No thanks to you." I leaned over to talk into the walkie.

"Hey! Hey! Seatbelt!" Steve shouted.

I sighed and dropped into my seat, buckling back up.

"You found him?" Lucas whispered.

"He's at a boathouse on coal mill road." Dustin spoke into the radio. "Don't worry, he's safe."

"You guys know he killed Chrissy, right?" Lucas's voice sounded scared.

"That's bullshit!" Dustin got defensive. "Eddie tried to save Chrissy."

"Then why do all the cops say he did it?" Lucas asked.

I grabbed the walkie again. "When have the cops ever been that remotely right in our town?" I asked rhetorically.

"But-" Lucas tried.

Max grabbed the radio out of my hands.

"Lucas, you're so behind its ridiculous, okay? Just meet us at the school, we'll explain later." She said quickly.

"Thank you." I sighed, fist-bumping her.

Lucas sighed. "I cant. I think some real bad shit's about to go down."

"What are you talking about, what 'bad shit.'" Max asked.

"Lucas?" There was no reply. "Lucas."

Ever since Max and Lucas broke up, they hardly ever talked anymore, so it was strange to hear them conversing this much.

Word count: 265
Oml Ik Ik Ik it's so short but I'm really trying to pump the chapters out for one of my readers who's going on a road trip 😭