Chapter 33

Ella sat in the Slytherin Common Room staring into the fire. It was the night before the last task, tomorrow her brother would be competing in the most dangerous task. Ella was lost in her thoughts, she jumped when she felt arms around her.

"It's only me" she heard to voice of Draco in her ear

"What are you doing awake?" Ella asks not taking her eyes off the fire

"Well.. I had a feeling you'd be awake still" Draco replies as he walks around the couch and sits beside you "worried?"

"mhm" Ella nods

"Your brother is Harry bloody Potter, he's always fine" Draco tells her with disgust

"Yeah but I'm his sister" Ella leans against him "I'm always worried about him, it's kinda my job"

"Well stop worrying" Draco wraps his arms around her "I want attention too"

Ella giggles and rubs his head "ok ok"

-

The Gryffindor table seemed very noisy the morning of the third task. Draco and Ella of course were sitting at their table, Draco opens the daily prophet and begins reading, he soon grins and shares with the others.

"hm?" Ella looks up from her breakfast curiously

Draco shouts across the Great Hall "Hey, Potter! Potter! How's your head? You feeling all right? Sure you're not going to go berserk on us?"

Slytherins up and down the table were sniggering, twisting in their seats to see Harry's reaction. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle were laughing at him, tapping their heads with their fingers, pulling grotesquely mad faces, and waggling their tongues like snakes.

"Let me see that" Ella takes the paper from her temperamental boyfriend

HARRY POTTER

DISTURBED AND DANGEROUS

The boy who defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is unstable and possibly dangerous, writes Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. Alarming evidence has recently come to light about Harry Potter's strange behavior, which casts doubts upon his suitability to compete in a demanding competition like the Triwizard Tournament, or even to attend Hogwarts School.

Potter, the Daily Prophet can exclusively reveal, regularly collapses at school, and is often heard to complain of pain in the scar on his forehead (relic of the curse with which You-Know-Who attempted to kill him). On Monday last, midway through a Divination lesson, your Daily Prophet reporter witnessed Potter storming from the class, claiming that his scar was hurting too badly to continue studying.

It is possible, say top experts at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, that Potters brain was affected by the attack inflicted upon him by You-Know-Who, and that his insistence that the scar is still hurting is an expression of his deep-seated confusion.

"He might even be pretending," said one specialist. "This could be a plea for attention. "

The Daily Prophet, however, has unearthed worrying facts about Harry Potter that Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, has carefully concealed from the wizarding public.

"Potter can speak Parseltongue," reveals Draco Malfoy, a Hogwarts fourth year. "There were a lot of attacks on students a couple of years ago, and most people thought Potter was behind them after they saw him lose his temper at a dueling club and set a snake on another boy. It was all hushed up, though. But he's made friends with werewolves and giants too. We think he'd do anything for a bit of power. "

Parseltongue, the ability to converse with snakes, has long been considered a Dark Art. Indeed, the most famous Parselmouth of our times is none other than You-Know-Who himself. A member of the Dark Force Defense League, who wished to remain unnamed, stated that he would regard any wizard who could speak Parseltongue "as worthy of investigation. Personally, I would be highly suspicious of anybody who could converse with snakes, as serpents are often used in the worst kinds of Dark Magic, and are historically associated with evildoers. " Similarly, "anyone who seeks out the company of such vicious creatures as werewolves and giants would appear to have a fondness for violence. "

Albus Dumbledore should surely consider whether a boy such as this should be allowed to compete in the Triwizard Tournament. Some fear that Potter might resort to the Dark Arts in his desperation to win the tournament, the third task of which takes place this evening.