Chapter 34

All champions but Harry and Cedric have returned. Hours seemed to pass before finally Harry appeared, clutching the cup and Cedric. People around them begun to cheer, not knowing what had happened.

"See, your brother's returned, safe and sound" Draco says annoyed "Like I said" after hearing nothing in return from his girlfriend he turns his head to look at her, her eyes were wide "Ella?"

Ella looks in pain as she holds her hand over her scar "something's wrong"

Ella stands up and rushes down to Harry with the professors and others following, now also noticing something was wrong.

"Harry" Ella puts her hand on his shoulder

Harry let go of the cup, but he clutched Cedric to him even more tightly. He raised his free hand and seized Dumbledore's wrist, while Dumbledore's face swam in and out of focus.

"He's back," Harry whispered. "He's back. Voldemort"

Ella's eyes widen

"What's going on? What's happened?"

The face of Cornelius Fudge appeared upside down over Harry; it looked white, appalled.

"My God - Diggory!" he whispered. "Dumbledore - he's dead!"

 The words were repeated, the shadowy figures pressing in on them gasped it to those around them. . . and then others shouted it - screeched it - into the night - "He's dead!" "He's dead!" "Cedric Diggory! Dead!"

"Harry, let go of him," he heard Fudge's voice say, and he felt fingers trying to pry him from Cedric's limp body, but Harry wouldn't let him go.

"Harry" Ella gently places her hand over Harry's "You can't do anything for him.. he's dead"

"He wanted me to bring him back," Harry muttered - it seemed important to explain this. "He wanted me to bring him back to his parents. . . . "

"Alright Harry" Ella says

Dumbledore bent down, and with extraordinary strength for a man so old and thin, raised Harry from the ground and set -him on his feet. Harry swayed. His head was pounding. His injured leg would no longer support his weight.

 The crowd around them jostled, fighting to get closer, pressing darkly in on him - "What's happened?" "What's wrong with him?" "Diggory's dead!"

"He'll need to go to the hospital wing!" Fudge was saying loudly. "He's ill, he's injured - Dumbledore, Diggory's parents, they're here, they're in the stands. . . . "

"I'll take Harry, Dumbledore, I'll take him -"

"No, I would prefer-"

"Dumbledore, Amos Diggory's running. . . he's coming over. . . . Don't you think you should tell him - before he sees - ?"

"Harry, stay here -"

Girls were screaming, sobbing hysterically. . . . The scene flickered oddly before Harry's eyes. . . .

"Its all right, son, I've got you. . . come on. . . hospital wing. . . "

"Dumbledore said stay," said Harry thickly, the pounding in his scar making him feel as though he was about to throw up; his vision was blurring worse than ever.

"Harry go" Ella tells him

Mad Eye Moody takes Harry away and Ella steps back, her wrist hurt so much because of her scar. Ella looked at Cedric's dead body before turning and almost falling, she was luckily caught by someone.

"Easy" she heard the calming sound of Draco's voice "let's get out of here"

Ella nods slowly as Draco leads her away from the scene.

-

"Drink some" Draco says as he hands Ella a cup of water

"thanks" Ella takes the cup from him

Draco puts his hand on Ella's forehead, she was as white as a ghost.

"Was that your first time seeing someone dead?" Draco asks

"...yeah" Ella replies "I never knew it looked so.."

"Don't think about it" Draco sits beside her and lays her head on his shoulder

"Draco.." Ella looks down at the lightning bold scar on her wrist "..he's back"

Draco nods and puts his arm around her, holding her close "I know"

"He's.." Ella holds onto Draco's shirt "he's.."

"It's ok" Draco's hold on her tightens a bit as his eyes show fear "e-everything.. will be ok"

Ella begins to cry as Draco kisses her forehead.